Job description / Role
- Liaise with aircraft manufacturers, suppliers and the Company concerned departments (Engineering & Maintenance, Inflight Service, etc…) and establish IFEC configuration and standards for operation.
- Manage IFEC program and related BFE, including meeting required On Dock Date of equipment at suppliers and aircraft manufacturer.
- Review aircraft manufacturers - suppliers technical documentation data and recommend appropriate action acceptable to airworthiness authority and the Company regulations.
- Perform technical and feasibility study of new IFEC, Services and generate a report with recommendations.
- Liaise with Engineering Materials section for PO issuance for BFE and Services.
- Liaise with Supply Chain Management (SCM) - Finance for the processing and settlement of all due invoices related to IFEC BFE or projects
- Contribute in aircraft manufactures - suppliers Technical Coordination Meetings and subsequent meetings related to Aircraft - BFE development and production.
- Ensure IFEC product meets the specification and requirements of the Company during final system test at the supplier facility and during aircraft delivery process.
- HSE requirements as per company and government rule.
- Undertake other duties as requested by SMTP & MTP ensuring timeliness and utmost effective in completing the assigned tasks.
- In the absence of SMTP, MTP and AMTP, chair projects related meetings to review all recommended requirements and evaluate the best and efficient way to drive the projects.
Bachelor degree in Engineering preferably in Electrical / Computer Science Engineering or Information & Computer Science with 4 years of relevant work experience OR Diploma in Engineering or ICAO Type II licence with 08 years of relevant work experience.
About the Company
Oman Air, the flagship company of the Sultanate of Oman's Civil Aviation sector, commenced operations in 1993. Starting off as a regional player, Oman Air, as Oman's national carrier has witnessed rapid growth in the last 14 years. Oman Air has played a major role in making Muscat a major traffic hub in the Middle East providing a fillip to commercial, industrial and tourism activities.
As a full-fledged commercial airline of Oman, Oman Air has striven to maintain high performance standards in all aspects of its operation. The Oman International Services was established in the year 1970 & later Oman Aviation Services was founded on 1981 to extend services to the other airlines in terms of cargo handling, ground handling etc.
The Oman Air fleet consists of most modern and fuel- efficient aircraft with aesthetically designed interiors. Ultra- modern in-flight service equipment is deployed onboard to improve safety and overall performance. Investment in new technology, planning and product innovation has propelled Oman Air to the forefront of the aviation industry.