Job description / Role
VAC8171 - Senior Engineer- Network Security
Ooredoo Oman Family Member:
As the Senior Engineer - Network Security you will be responsible for ensuring the security of the network and the systems that reside on the network and bringing them under explicit management control through the development of procedures and standards, and regular monitoring of the ISM Infrastructure.
You will be responsible of the following:
- Follow up the operation of related compliance monitoring and improvement activities to ensure compliance both with internal security policies etc. and applicable laws and regulations
- Proactively manage and optimize network systems and interface with vendors for support if required
- Liaise with both legal and Internal Audit for the assessment and compliance planning
- Supervises the process of installing new physical network security points.
- Ensuring the security of the network and the systems that reside on the network through the development of procedures and standards, and regular monitoring of the ISM Infrastructure.
- Monitors the network and the related components to ensure that levels of security standards adhered.
- Participate in business driven projects, and assist in planning and implementation of project plan
- Gather business requirements and architect, document and implement network solutions that meet established requirements and standards
- Maintains and manages the network security system, and identifies new technologies to improve security across the network.
- Determine system upgrade/replacement schedules.
- Maintain/monitor assigned systems within environment to ensure optimal performance
- Provide reports and risk assessments to ISM Director / Department Head
- Provides support in developing procedures and processes for installing new systems on the network to ensure that security is not compromise.
- Ensure all network activities are tracked and logged.
- Available on-call 24x7x365 for system outages and/or scheduled maintenance as needed.
You should have a minimum of 4 years total working experience at least 2 years of Networking experience ideally in an Information Security environment where managing confidential information is paramount with a broad technical knowledge with ability to assess systems from an operational and maintenance perspective, as well as understanding the underlying technology, experience in maintaining network equipment involving a mix-and-match of networking and internetworking products like routers, switches, modems from leading networking vendors like Huawei, Cisco, etc , good knowledge of network hardware structures ICND, network Concepts of OSI and TCP/IP models, router configuration in both WAN and LAN Security web system, filtering and Blocking devices for traffic management, content-based filtering, service protection (Blue Coat and Flow-Inspect with a bachelor degree with the below preferred certificates:
- Certificate of Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA)
- Certificate of NE Series Huawei Routers
- Attendance Certificate of Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP)
- Network equipment maintenance
- Compliance Monitoring
- Development of processes and procedures
- Risk assessment
- MS Office Expertise
- Fluent in English and Arabic
- Communicating Effectively
- Analytical thinking and attention to detail
- Planning & Organizing
- Business Acumen
- Risk Aware
- Results Orientation
About the Company
We are a leading international communications company delivering mobile, fixed, broadband internet, and corporate managed services tailored to the needs of consumers and businesses across markets in the Middle East, North Africa and Southeast Asia. As a community-focused company, we are guided by our vision of enriching peoples lives and our belief that we can stimulate human growth by leveraging communications to help people achieve their full potential.
Formerly known as Qtel Group, we have a customer base of 92.9 million and reported revenues of USD 9.3 billion in 2012.
Network Engineer/ Network Administrator
Future Careers Middle East
Network & Security Engineer
Senior Engineer Telecom IP & Transmission Planning
|Kuwait City||12 Feb|
Network Security Administrator
RTC-1 Employment Services
Wireless Engineer / Fast Telco Subsidiary
|Kuwait City||16 Jan|