Job description / Role
Update - As per client request we are looking for a European/South African candidate for this position.
A senior management position involving hands on management in contract administration, measurement, valuation and forecasting. Responsible under the auspices of the Commercial Manager for the management and administration of the commercial aspects of contracts both pre and post tender and execution in accordance with company internal controls, policies, local legal requirements and recognized good practice.
• Review and administration of contracts and contract changes, accurate preparation of monthly contract reviews and contractual claims.
• Submitting reports as per the Contract – to be reviewed by PM
• Lead negotiations with clients of contracts in terms of monthly valuations, variations, terms and conditions.
• Compilation, management and negotiations of contractual claims both up and downstream and able to undertake claims avoidance measures.
• To ensure all contract commercial operations are in accordance with the company’s procedures and policies.
• Highlight any matters to relevant line manager that will adversely affect the cost and schedule of the Project programme.
• Manage record keeping for all contract-related correspondence and documentation.
• Assisting in establishing a client's requirements.
• Performing risk, value management, cost control and cost forecasting.
• Providing correspondence on contractual claims.
• Track validity of contract insurances, bonds/guarantees and warranties
• Valuing completed work and arranging payments.
• Ensure all contractual obligations completed to secure completion of work certificates.
• And any other job responsibilities given by the Line Manager.
Management & Leadership:
• Cooperation and liaison with the company’s Operations Manager to ensure sound commercial operation of all ongoing contracts to ensure successful financial outcomes of all operations.
• To aid in the ongoing continuous improvement of commercial management systems and procedures which ensure contract requirements are met and the company’s position is protected in all ongoing trading activities.
• To set a positive, professional example to all subordinate staff and demonstrate good leadership supporting the company’s core values
• European or South African nationality
• Quantity Surveying or BE graduate (Civil)
• Educated and qualified within a western university (not remote learning)
• Western working experience within quantity surveying role
• 12+ years relevant experience in civil and infrastructure.
• Held previous roles such as Snr. Quantity Surveyor or Contracts Administrator.
• Excellent communication skills
• Fluent in written and spoken English
• Professional membership of a relevant recognized institute is advantageous (RICS, MCIarb, CIOB etc)
• 1+ years of working experience in the Middle East
• Some people management experience
• Previous field experience
• Experience of working on large scale construction projects
About the Company
Operating in Oman since 1976, Sarooj Construction Company was re-structured in 2006 and has an established track-record and leading reputation for the provision of Earthworks, Geo-technical, Marine, Infrastructure, Airports, Roads, Buildings, Electrical & Mechanical Works and Site Temporary Facilities to the Oil & Gas and other construction industries in Oman.
Sarooj is part of Al Taher Group (ATG), a name that has been synonymous in the real estate sector, various engineering fields and the oil industry in the Sultanate since the 1970's.
Sarooj has 43 years of experience working in Oman on major Infrastructure projects and oilfield services for leading operating companies such as Petroleum Development Oman (Shell), British Petroleum (BP), OOCEP, Occidental and Total and has been involved in most of the flagship infrastructure projects in Oman such as Musandam Gas Plant, Musandam Independent Power Plant, Nimr Water Treatment Plant, Shinas Port, Al Mouj Resort, Madha Road and Haima Airstrip. Services provided have included the construction of some 1,500 Well Pads, 500,000 m³ of Concrete, 900 Kms between Roads & Bridges, 8,000,000 m³ of rock in Marine Works, first underpass in Oman, first Marine lighthouse, first UAE-Oman Border demarcation.
SCC continues to differentiate itself by perpetually instigating a culture based on its six core values with a significant growth over the next 5 years.
Safety | Superior Performance | Communication | People Focused | Integrity | Sustainability
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Senior Quantity Surveyor
Rider Levett Bucknall