Job description / Role
- Manage the Operations Control, Dispatch, Navigation & Aircraft Performance and Technical Publications sections for Flight Operations and its related activities;
- Ensure that the sectional Managers have established procedures and processes in accordance with the relevant regulatory and company requirements to control, manage and supervise their sections and systems used in a safe and efficient manner;
- Ensure that Technical Publications section staff complies with the relevant requirements, policies, procedures and process to achieve effective documentation control including procurement, distribution and amendment of documents;
- Ensure that the IOCC staff complies with relevant requirements, policies, procedures and processes to achieve safe and efficient operational control;
- Ensure that the Navigation and Airport Performance section staff complies with the relevant requirements, policies, procedures and processes;
- Monitor and assess the related functions of IOCC & its stake holders to address and focus on the following:
• Adherence to Flight Disruption Procedure.
• The schedule integrity is maintained as close as possible to its original state;
• To draw plans in such an efficient manner that it entails minimum delays, repercussion, cancellation and minimum inconvenience the airline passengers and customers
- Provision of 24-7 operational control supervision, coordination, flight following and communication for the best interest of safety & efficiency;
- Ensure proper Coordination, communication for the best management of flight & operational disruptions
- Establish and maintain an efficient tracking and follow-up system of inbound and outbound documentation and mail
- Establish and maintain an efficient control system over sections required equipment and supplies purchasing
- Ensure control and supervision of vehicle allocated to Technical Publication section;
- Promote efficient exchange of information within Operations Control & Support sections, Flight Operations and with interfacing departments and other units
- Ensure that the related sections procedure Manuals and related functions within Ops Control & Support meets the IOSA latest ISARPS and audit requirements.
- Ensure that the Sectional Managers within Operations Control & Support adheres to Safety & Quality standards and procedures and to create awareness among all staff.
- Participate & communicate to IATA on MENA Regional Coordinating Group (RCG) and contribute on all beneficial related issues and share the information with all Oman Air concerned management as applicable.
- Participate & communicate on AACO Environmental Policy Group issues that are related to Carbon emissions, taxation to support any Globalized measures that may be regulated by ICAO based on IATA, AACO & state and share the available information with all Oman Air concerned management as applicable.
- Bachelor degree in a related discipline preferably in Aviation science, aviation operation management with 10 years of relevant work experience preferably in flight operations of which 3 years of Managerial experience specific to Flight Operations Control & Support.
- Master Degree in the related discipline will be advantage
About the Company
Oman Air, the flagship company of the Sultanate of Oman's Civil Aviation sector, commenced operations in 1993. Starting off as a regional player, Oman Air, as Oman's national carrier has witnessed rapid growth in the last 14 years. Oman Air has played a major role in making Muscat a major traffic hub in the Middle East providing a fillip to commercial, industrial and tourism activities.
As a full-fledged commercial airline of Oman, Oman Air has striven to maintain high performance standards in all aspects of its operation. The Oman International Services was established in the year 1970 & later Oman Aviation Services was founded on 1981 to extend services to the other airlines in terms of cargo handling, ground handling etc.
The Oman Air fleet consists of most modern and fuel- efficient aircraft with aesthetically designed interiors. Ultra- modern in-flight service equipment is deployed onboard to improve safety and overall performance. Investment in new technology, planning and product innovation has propelled Oman Air to the forefront of the aviation industry.