Job description / Role
Ooredoo Oman Family Member:
As the Senior Manager - Presales you will be responsible of supporting the Business Commercial team through assessing the deals during the "Lead to Order" stage to ensure that the solutions offered to customers add optimum value to the customer as well as Ooredoo.
You will be responsible of the following:
• Responsible for creating and managing solutions incorporating the appropriate products with customer focus at all times in delivering solutions.
• Work with sales, product and technical teams to develop offers based on client needs and business requirements driving transformational sales.
• Develop and present technical materials for sales presentation, proposals and bid responses (technical presentations).
• Draft proposals that accurately captures customers' requirements and translate requirements into technical solutions and ensure closure.
• Contribute to pipeline and revenue increase through POCs, customer workshops, events, roadshows etc. and enhance Ooredoo's technical credibility and visibility in the market. Be a credible presence in the market and an ambassador for B2B internally and Ooredoo externally.
• Build strong market intelligence on ICT developments in Oman, actively support sales teams in identifying opportunities, responding to RFIs and RFPs.
• Trigger the feasibilities raised by Sales Team to technical teams and validate them by developing the business cases.
• Provide additional information and advice to Service Delivery and to Operations, and answer referrals during the implementation phase of complex solutions.
• Coordinate with Planning and Business Development on large opportunity classification.
• Provide product knowledge transfer to other members of the sales organization to enhance their ability to use products to create customer solutions as and when required.
• Understands Ooredoo internal capabilities and technology provisions and coordinate with other teams (ICT, partnership management, product etc.) for the provision of products and services provided by partners/3 rd -party providers, and incorporate them part of the service/solution offering.
• Maintains knowledge-base on related techno-business vertical at all times in order to provide relevant information and guidance to customers and internal teams.
• Own a learning and development plan.
• The role contributes to business through responding to customer requests promptly and accurately and thereby improve their opportunity for successfully closing sales.
• Accurately understands customer needs and requirements and offer solutions to generate revenue through sales.
• Provides bids & proposal responses in support of the overall sales strategy.
• Anticipate and identify technical challenges in proposals from a client perspective and prepare resolutions proactively to ensure closure of sales.
• Independently resolves issues in relation to day-to-day activities within own unit and team.
• Ensures all issues are reported timely and accurately, and ensure all issues are solved within permitted timeframe.
• Regular operational level planning to ensure delivery of operational KPIs and to meet deadlines as required by customers and account management.
• Occasional long term planning involvement with superiors, account managers, ICT/business development, products, marketing and technical teams for supporting large proposals involving customization.
• Develop plans and procedures to implement activities to improve quality and efficiency within area of work.
• Effective working relationships with Account Managers within the Business Sales Department.
• Cohesive working relationships with ICT & Technology Unit.
• Ability to lead project team, coach peers, and develop self - ensuring the highest level of performance at all times.
• Train sales teams & account managers on offering to maximize sales effectiveness.
• Establish and manage multiple cross-functional relationships, coordination and communication lines with all units in the function and across Ooredoo.
• Communicate effectively with a broad range of internal and external stakeholders including Customers
• Regularly participate in client presentations and discussions to ensure telecom and ICT service penetration.
• Ability to convince others - within and outside the organization to reach agreement and accept solutions provided.
• Operational decisions to improve methods and procedures.
• Major decisions are done in consultation with superior and other senior management.
• Provides input to strategic level decision making in consultation with Superiors and Peers across multiple functions (Legal, Technology, Delivery¦etc.)
• Functional level decisions taken in consultation with peers within the function and superior.
• Identify and run projects that improve team/process efficiency.
You should have a minimum of 6 years' minimum experience with a focus on business solutions in a Solutions Support/Sales role either in telecom, system integrator or vendor environment. At least 3 of which should be in a similar role , comprehensive knowledge of Technical and Commercial aspects of ICT & Telecom solutions sales - Cisco, Avaya/Nortel, IBM, HP, Dell...etc., very strong pre-sales experience in internetworking technologies and solution designs including campus (LAN. WAN, WLAN), data centers, collaboration, security, IoT, big-data and others with bigger in-depth focus on information security , ability to design and implement PoC's and Demo's across multiple technologies, experience of dealing with various companies across multiple industries, experience in system integration that adds value to customer business, broad knowledge of telecom and information communications technology, proven and demonstrable experience in developing Feasibility studies and validating Business Cases for technical solutions, in depth understanding of design of Managed-VPN, IP, and converged voice/video based solution, Transmission, Carrier Ethernet and TCP/IP technologies. MS Office proficiency with a bachelor's Degree in Telecom Engineering, Computer Science or IT.
• Telecom Technology - Fixed, Radio, VAS etc.
• ICT - Cloud, Fiber, Data Centers, Storage, Network Operations, Interconnectivity, Interoperability etc.
• Business & Financial Acumen
• Communication Skills - Fluent in English & Arabic
• Decision Making
• Communicating Effectively.
• Analytical thinking and problem solving
• Results focused and Quality oriented.
Note: you will be required to attach the following:
• Resume / cv
About the Company
We are a leading international communications company delivering mobile, fixed, broadband internet, and corporate managed services tailored to the needs of consumers and businesses across markets in the Middle East, North Africa and Southeast Asia. As a community-focused company, we are guided by our vision of enriching peoples lives and our belief that we can stimulate human growth by leveraging communications to help people achieve their full potential.
Formerly known as Qtel Group, we have a customer base of 92.9 million and reported revenues of USD 9.3 billion in 2012.
RTC-1 Employment Services
National Sales Manager
A Leading Medical Enterprise In The UAE
RTC-1 Employment Services
Customer Relations Manager
RTC-1 Employment Services
A Leading Company In Oman