Job description / Role
This position will be highly required for supporting project, engineering and construction team during the detailed engineering and construction phase.
• Responsible for the discipline engineering activities and provide technical inputs to the design, engineering, fabrication and installation of onshore mechanical Equipment’s packages projects scope; with focus on the successful execution of project on time, within budget and in accordance with the agreed project requirements, specifications and standards.
• Responsible for the design of mechanical equipment packages and development of mechanical specifications, datasheets and technical requisitions for mechanical equipment packages (Static/Rotory).
• Plans and participates in any inspection/testing activities associated with their respective equipment packages.
• Responsible for the design of static equipment packages (Separators, Tanks, Pressure Vessels, Heat Exchangers, Scrubbers etc.) and development of static equipment specifications, datasheets and technical requisitions.
• Interdisciplinary check of PFD, P&ID’s and Civil, Structural, Mechanical, Electrical, Instrumentation drawings.
• Provide technical support as part of a team working on various engineering projects, which include oil and gas processing plant fixed equipments’, pressure vessel design and analysis, fitness for service assessments, and operational problem solving.
• Review of vendor drawings for Equipment / Package items.
• Assist construction team in the coordination of all activities related to Static and rotory systems
• Responsible and accountable for all assigned projects, In terms of static and rotory package design.
• Responsible and accountable for technical integrity and safety of designs.
• Requires minimal guidance and instruction.
• Experience of managing time, cost and quality in engineering projects within multiple project environments.
• Assess suitability of requested deviations from Company and international Standards and Codes of Practice.
• Monitor vendor manufacture progress; verify vendor equipment testing and fabrications procedures
• Exposure to FAT /SAT of mechanical packages
• Ensure to Work safely and think proactively about personal safety and safety of others at work
• Actively participate in, contribute to, and promote company occupational health, safety, security and environment culture.
• Ensure work is carried out in accordance with the Company HSE and Security policies and procedures and meet company HSE goals and targets, and participate in HSE programs.
• Minimum Bachelor degree in Mechanical Engineering.
• Minimum of 8 years of experience in mainly oil and gas FEED/ Detailed Engineering design, layout and construction support projects.
• Familiar with Shell DEP's and other international design codes and standards.
• Experience in brownfield plants modifications
• Experienced in the implementation of industry best practices and Company's systems, processes, and standards.
• Familiar with all types of FEED and EPIC deliverables, equipment, design and construction progress reviews.
• Strong technical, communication and presentation skills.
• Good interdisciplinary knowledge and coordination.
• Shall be able to independently decide, inject urgency and act to resolve day to day project related issues on timely manner.
• Very good written and spoken English with good communication skills
• Decision maker and good Team player.
About the Company
Swisslinx Middle East is a leading executive search firm in the region. We specialise in recruitment solutions, talent acquisition and career advice across a wide range of markets within the financial services sector.
We are located in the heart of the Dubai International Financial Centre (DIFC) which gives us unrivalled access to onshore Middle Eastern clients and candidates. We also partner with clients in London, Zurich, Geneva, Zug, Frankfurt and Paris and have been instrumental in establishing onshore Middle Eastern and Emerging Market teams.
We believe in building long-term relationships with our clients helping them develop successful, sustainable businesses. Transparency, trust and discretion drive the way in which we mediate between clients and candidates and ensure we consistently deliver results.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
United Arab Emirates University (UAEU)
|Al Ain||4 Apr|
Yanbu Aramco Sinopec Refining Company (YASREF)
|Saudi Arabia||3 Apr|
Resident Construction Engineer / Mechanical (Expat)
Mechanical Design Engineer for a Construction and Engineering Company
A Leading Recruitment Agency in UAE
Mechanical Unit Supervisor
Yanbu Aramco Sinopec Refining Company (YASREF)