Job description / Role
- Adhere to the Company's health, safety, environmental and security policies at all times and immediately report violations of these policies to Oman airs health, safety & environment representatives;
- Adhere to & support ISO processes, certification renewal & ensure areas of responsibility are in constant compliance;
- Ensure the Business Ethics and Core Values of the Supply Chain Management Department are implemented and followed in proper manner.
- Perform other duties upon the request of the Manager or supervisor.
- Monitor tender advertisements through websites, journals and other media communicating these to senior management.
- Monitor the procurement operations of the respective SBUs needs to ensure timely, effective and efficient delivery of requesting items- materials
- Review the contract risk assessment for supplier where the materials are to be procured to ensure suppliers adhere to all Terms Of Conditions agreed whilst signing the contract
- Competently analyse data and report findings.
- Evaluate and pre-qualify any new vendor by collecting the information as per the approved supplier registration form, product profiles, commercial details etc. to ensure qualified vendors are shortlisted with complete and accurate information
- Conduct preliminary checks on documents submitted by vendors and undertake site visits to ensure that details submitted by vendors are true in nature;
- Receive and Check requisition specifications from the customer to prepare Tender document Terms and Conditions;
- Ability to interpret complex documentation, identifying the key requirements and respond appropriately;
- Check if tender document meets all requisition requirements and float the tender to ensure both open type and closed type tenders are in line with procurement policies and procedures set by the company;
- Negotiate with the suppliers and solicit the best offers with good quality and terms according to the tenders Document;
- Secure necessary authorization documents from vendors and supervise contract execution at every step in close coordination with the department personnel;
- Arrange First Technical meeting with potential suppliers and send the outcome details to user department for evaluating the supplier as part of preliminary negotiation;
- Conduct Techno Commercial evaluation of all vendors and provide report to the tendering and Contract Manager
- Prepare Tender decision paper for circulation;
- Follow up to receive letter of acceptance from the vendor in order to confirm suppliers interest to work with the company; inform the procurement department to raise Purchase Order and also inform user department to keep them updated
- Oversee tender clarification meetings and provision clarification information to bidders to ensure appropriate facilitation of bidding and tendering process
- Liaise with contractors - suppliers to solve any issues relating to tender and ensure to take timely action plan in resolving the issues
- Hold a part of Supplier Payment as Retention money until Performance Bond is produced and liaise with Finance department to release supplier payments upon receiving the Performance Bond.
- Carry out other duties and responsibilities as may reasonably be directed by their line manager.
- Bachelor degree in a related discipline with 04 years of relevant experience
- Or Two years college diploma in a related discipline with 06 years of relevant experience.
- Or Specialised certificate / license in the related field with Secondary School and having 10 years of WY/ Aviation experience in similar functions.
About the Company
Oman Air, the flagship company of the Sultanate of Oman's Civil Aviation sector, commenced operations in 1993. Starting off as a regional player, Oman Air, as Oman's national carrier has witnessed rapid growth in the last 14 years. Oman Air has played a major role in making Muscat a major traffic hub in the Middle East providing a fillip to commercial, industrial and tourism activities.
As a full-fledged commercial airline of Oman, Oman Air has striven to maintain high performance standards in all aspects of its operation. The Oman International Services was established in the year 1970 & later Oman Aviation Services was founded on 1981 to extend services to the other airlines in terms of cargo handling, ground handling etc.
The Oman Air fleet consists of most modern and fuel- efficient aircraft with aesthetically designed interiors. Ultra- modern in-flight service equipment is deployed onboard to improve safety and overall performance. Investment in new technology, planning and product innovation has propelled Oman Air to the forefront of the aviation industry.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
|Abu Dhabi||24 Jul|
Procurement & Contracts Manager
Arena Events Limited
MSI Qatar (Management Solutions International)