Job description / Role
- Responsible for the development and presence of Oman Air on the WEB as its primary stake holder and custodian. These would include content aggregation, review, content design and architecture, booking engine configuration and publishing.
- Manages the day to day activities on the Internet Booking Engine as well as ensure marketing activities in relation to Sales on the WEB are correct and currently updated. The day-to-day activities would include site administration, storefront maintenance and support; handle web enquiries and support escalations.
- Deals with the internal departments and external resources to Implement and follow-up changes to the current and future set-up on the own web site to maximize sales while ensuring the efficiency of the various booking engines and other web tools.
- Administration and development of the CMS (Content Management System, Drupal), including granting user access rights-permission levels, designing and enforcing content management workflows.
- Define, maintain and enforce editorial guidelines for content management on the the company.
- Develop and maintain Oman Airs own community and blogging environment with the aim of increasing awareness in the airline and traffic to the company.
- In coordination with relevant department, implement any eCommerce and sales actions on the web.
- Define, maintain and enforce layout guidelines for the company and the other Oman Air websites in line with the general e-commerce guidelines.
- Coordinates globally with any area involved in the fulfillment and development of metasearch partnerships
- Initiate monitoring and other support system towards follow-up on visitors and customers behavioral. Follow-up on customer complaints and modify processes accordingly.
- Responsible for content management on the company. Internally accountable for all published information (although other areas of the company may be responsible).
- Proactively ensure information from all department reaches customers via the web sites and other electronic media, establishing an effective internal communication process and SLAs.
- In depth analysis of findings-changes to outstations and-or departments impacted by necessary action. Continuously explore areas, identify opportunities and perform strengths and weaknesses assessment for markets to generate additional revenue - achieve cost saving targets.
- Undertake any other duties that may be assigned by Senior Manager E-Commerce or Manager from time to time.
- Monitor Oman Airs exposure in third party presence and participate when suitable to the company objectives.
- Work closely with the whole organization to integrate electronic elements into all integrated communication programs and activities.
- Any other tasks as assigned by reporting Manager from time to time
- Bachelor degree in a related discipline preferably in Business Studies with 4 years of work experience in handling e-sales, preferably in the airlines industry
- OR Two years college Diploma in the related discipline with 6 years of experience
- OR Specialized certificate in the related field with Secondary School and having 10 years of WY work experience.
About the Company
Oman Air, the flagship company of the Sultanate of Oman's Civil Aviation sector, commenced operations in 1993. Starting off as a regional player, Oman Air, as Oman's national carrier has witnessed rapid growth in the last 14 years. Oman Air has played a major role in making Muscat a major traffic hub in the Middle East providing a fillip to commercial, industrial and tourism activities.
As a full-fledged commercial airline of Oman, Oman Air has striven to maintain high performance standards in all aspects of its operation. The Oman International Services was established in the year 1970 & later Oman Aviation Services was founded on 1981 to extend services to the other airlines in terms of cargo handling, ground handling etc.
The Oman Air fleet consists of most modern and fuel- efficient aircraft with aesthetically designed interiors. Ultra- modern in-flight service equipment is deployed onboard to improve safety and overall performance. Investment in new technology, planning and product innovation has propelled Oman Air to the forefront of the aviation industry.