Job description / Role
- To independently account for all the transactions in Salalah region (receivables, payables, fixed assets and general ledger related accruals and other audit matters pertaining to Salalah)
- To review and approve the reconciliations submitted by subordinates
- To ensure proper maintenance of GL account reconciliations of Reporting section (both soft and hard copy versions)
- To review and ensure necessary rectification entries are carried out in GL as and when required.
- Assist section head in fixed asset accounting and record maintenance in ERP for the entire company
- Review and sign-off asset disposal forms after thoroughly checking with Finance Fixed assets register.
- Assist in preparation of fixed asset reconciliations (capital work in progress, fixed assets register versus general ledger reconciliation)
- Prepare and submit fixed asset schedules for the purpose of monthly reporting in line with IFRS.
- Collate and analyze operating and financial data received from other sections-depts (trips, passengers, block hours, flights handled, fuel price & consumption variances, cargo tonnage handled, air charter, manpower strength, etc.,)
- Assist the immediate supervisor in monthly closure and review of accounts.
- Prepare monthly MIS pack containing various operating and financial inputs to finalize actual and budget route analyses.
- Collecting relevant information from the respective operations department and ensure to include the analysis findings in MIS report
Bachelor Degree in Finance/Commerce/Accountant and having 04 years of post-qualification work experience in a similar role in an organization or consulting company of repute.
ACCA (Inter) / CIMA (Inter) will be an advantage.
OR Two yearâ€™s college Diploma in Finance or Commerce with 06 years post qualification work experience in a similar role in an organization.
OR Specialized certificate / license in the related field with Secondary School and having 10 years of WY / Aviation experience in similar functions.
About the Company
Oman Air, the flagship company of the Sultanate of Oman's Civil Aviation sector, commenced operations in 1993. Starting off as a regional player, Oman Air, as Oman's national carrier has witnessed rapid growth in the last 14 years. Oman Air has played a major role in making Muscat a major traffic hub in the Middle East providing a fillip to commercial, industrial and tourism activities.
As a full-fledged commercial airline of Oman, Oman Air has striven to maintain high performance standards in all aspects of its operation. The Oman International Services was established in the year 1970 & later Oman Aviation Services was founded on 1981 to extend services to the other airlines in terms of cargo handling, ground handling etc.
The Oman Air fleet consists of most modern and fuel- efficient aircraft with aesthetically designed interiors. Ultra- modern in-flight service equipment is deployed onboard to improve safety and overall performance. Investment in new technology, planning and product innovation has propelled Oman Air to the forefront of the aviation industry.