Job description / Role
- To coordinate with banks for receipt of statement of accounts and ensure accounting of all statement entries including charges on a weekly basis.
- To prepare PDP schedules and prepare - release of Pre-delivery payments as per contract on due dates as per agreed terms and conditions.
- To liaise with Banks for obtaining payment swift message for payment confirmation to vendors - business units within 1 day from the date of request.
- To ensure interest credited is as per agreed terms and conditions.
- To review and submit bank reconciliation of all bank accounts including smart card accounts by 17 th of every month.
- To review and prepare JV for change in fair value of Investment on a monthly latest by 2 nd of every month and submission of Investment schedule on monthly basis.
- To review and submit reconciliation of funds transfer control account (9821), SLL current (1712) and Treasury recharge account (9153-1767).
- To ensure reinstatement of foreign currency bank balances and necessary entry passed prior to GL closure.
- To establish LCs - BGs as per the contractual requirement and ensure Lease LCs renewal and other BG renewal on due dates. Fortnightly confirmation to Management on the LC - BG report and renewal confirmation.
- To maintain and protect of all LCâ€™s along with its amendments through proper filing - upkeep.
- To update Board sitting fees schedule and ensure reconciliation carried as per GL.
- To ensure submission Board sitting fees schedule on a quarterly basis.
- To submit confirmation of balance to all banks including lenders on an annual basis, follow up response from banks - lenders and submit the confirmation to Auditors on a timely manner.
- Review of Banking Accounting and Payment Queries activities to ensure automation, system improvement and simplification of process initiatives are taken on a continuous basis.
- To coordinate and liaise with Internal, External and State auditors related to Treasury audits and ensure no adverse remarks.
- To assist sectional colleagues - to carry out other activities of the section as and when assigned by the superior.
- Bachelor Degree in Accounting, Finance and having 4 years of post-qualification work experience in a similar role in an organization of repute
- OR 02 years college Diploma in a related discipline with 06 years experience in similar functions preferably with an airline / travel industry.
- OR Specialised certificate / license in the related discipline with Secondary School and having 10 years of WY / aviation experience in similar function.
About the Company
Oman Air, the flagship company of the Sultanate of Oman's Civil Aviation sector, commenced operations in 1993. Starting off as a regional player, Oman Air, as Oman's national carrier has witnessed rapid growth in the last 14 years. Oman Air has played a major role in making Muscat a major traffic hub in the Middle East providing a fillip to commercial, industrial and tourism activities.
As a full-fledged commercial airline of Oman, Oman Air has striven to maintain high performance standards in all aspects of its operation. The Oman International Services was established in the year 1970 & later Oman Aviation Services was founded on 1981 to extend services to the other airlines in terms of cargo handling, ground handling etc.
The Oman Air fleet consists of most modern and fuel- efficient aircraft with aesthetically designed interiors. Ultra- modern in-flight service equipment is deployed onboard to improve safety and overall performance. Investment in new technology, planning and product innovation has propelled Oman Air to the forefront of the aviation industry.