Job description / Role
• When deputized, to act as Manager- Apron Services while same is on leave and - or on duty travel.
• Oversee all activities under RAMP Apron Services especially on handling freighter flights. covering the following sections,
- Officers -supervisors
- Coordinators cargo pullers.
- Ground support Operators -Drivers.
- Apron Porters.
• Conduct daily inspection of area of responsibility and submit report to concerned Line Manager.
• Implement and monitor compliance of existing Foreign Object Debris (FOD) program.
• Conduct internal safety audits of area of operation including aircraft turnaround activities.
• Conduct airside accident and incident investigations involving tub ordinates, maintain incident records
• Support, coach, develop and motivate all team members and peers to build morale and ensure excellent discipline and compliance to company producers and standards.
• Support Supervisor in the achievement of their accountabilities ensuring that they are fully briefed and assigned section. and submit reports to concerned Line Manager. discipline and compliance to company procedures and standards debriefed in relation to their provision of superior customer service and maintenance of standards, as per the standard operating procedures (S0Ps). Display excellent motivational leadership, delegation and mentoring in order to achieve goals.
• Motivate and encourage Supervisors and staffs to come up with bright ideas and generate service improvement feedback (SIF).
• Support the performance matters scheme by ensuring reviews are conducted, or contributed to, for supervisors and staff.
• Monitor all staffing levels and ensure to maintain high standards of Safety of staff and equipment at all times in line with DGSAS standards and guidelines set by the company.
• Monitor excessive sick leave and absenteeism of staffs and report matter to concerned Line Manager improvement feedback (SIF) team members in accordance with company standards. Establish development plans for Supervisors and staffs. times in line with DGSAS standards and guidelines set by the company for appropriate action.
• Bachelor Degree in a related discipline with 4 years of relevant work experience preferably in Airline/Ground Handling either above or below the wing (in one or more core areas such as ramp, load control, passenger services and cargo) in any major international airport.
• OR Two years college Diploma in a related discipline with 6 years of relevant work experience preferably in Airline/Ground Handling either above or below the wing (in one or more core areas such as ramp, load control, passenger services and cargo) in any major international airport. 01 license to certify on handling 01 airline at least.
About the Company
Oman Air, the flagship company of the Sultanate of Oman's Civil Aviation sector, commenced operations in 1993. Starting off as a regional player, Oman Air, as Oman's national carrier has witnessed rapid growth in the last 14 years. Oman Air has played a major role in making Muscat a major traffic hub in the Middle East providing a fillip to commercial, industrial and tourism activities.
As a full-fledged commercial airline of Oman, Oman Air has striven to maintain high performance standards in all aspects of its operation. The Oman International Services was established in the year 1970 & later Oman Aviation Services was founded on 1981 to extend services to the other airlines in terms of cargo handling, ground handling etc.
The Oman Air fleet consists of most modern and fuel- efficient aircraft with aesthetically designed interiors. Ultra- modern in-flight service equipment is deployed onboard to improve safety and overall performance. Investment in new technology, planning and product innovation has propelled Oman Air to the forefront of the aviation industry.