Job description / Role
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The following are the duties the employee can expect, but not limited to:
• Works with a team to formulate and implement security designs, conduct penetration tests, security scanning and other proactive security measures.
• Work with other members of the Security team to investigate, perform forensics, compile relevant technical/background information, and perform post-mortem analysis of information security incidents. This work will frequently require handling confidential and sensitive information.
• Provide data on vulnerabilities and probable future weak points.
• Interact with other IT personnel, sometimes of different nationalities.
• Other duties as assigned
• Provide off-hours, on-call support
OMR 800 to 2,500 per month inclusive of fixed allowances.
Additional benefits: Medical, Housing and Car allowances
• Proven skills in technical writing, verbal communications, consulting, and problem solving in a rapidly changing technical environment
• Proven experience being team-oriented and self-motivated, with a keen attention to detail and the ability to work independently
• Ability to effectively communicate and work with individuals from diverse backgrounds or cultures
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
1. Must have a High School Diploma
2. Minimum 3 years in the cybersecurity field
3. Bachelor/Master’s Degree in Computer Sciences preferred
4. Preferred to have at least three of the below certifications:
• CompTIA – Security+
• GPEN - GIAC
Certification origins must be accredited by ANSI or an equivalent authorized body under ISO/IEC Standard 17024
• Windows, OSX and Linux operating systems
• Bash, Powershell
• Network servers and networking tools (e.g. Nessus, nmap, Burp, etc.)
• Computer hardware and software systems
• Web-based applications
• Security frameworks (e.g. ISO 27001/27002, NIST, HIPPA, SOX, etc.)
• Security tools and products (Fortify, AppScan, Wireshark, etc.)
• Kali Linux, Backtrack Linux, Tails, Cyborg Linux, Knoppix or BackBox Linux etc.
• Vulnerability analysis and reverse engineering
• Metasploit framework
• Forensics tools
• Cryptography principles
A standard work week will be a 45 hour 5 day week, unless otherwise directed/approved.
Furnished living accommodations will be provided.
Transportation will be provided in the form of an allowance.
30 days of vacation per annum will be standard.
Potential options to move up in organization, after employee proves her/himself.
Applicant must be willing to relocate to Muscat, Oman. Initially the posting will be an unaccompanied tour, yet after the 90 day prohibition period, the employee may be allowed to bring his family/pet(s), at his own expense.
About the Company
National Security Services Group (NSSG) is a cyber security firm located in the Sultanate of Oman.
NSSG is designed to assist the private and government sectors determine their in-depth threats and provide solutions in coordination with our partners, which alleviates and reduces the risk in the every growing world today.
NSSG seeks only the best and most qualified personnel to lead companies and governments alike, into the future.