Job description / Role
To perform Pipeline Engineering activities and deliverables for the project and ensure timely completion to the required quality standards. Oversight of EPC pipeline Engineering, Procurement and Construction.
• Execute technical work for FEED/DD within designated Cost Time & Resource (CTR) scopes.
• Interface with other departments and disciplines to ensure pipeline designs meet with their needs and requirements.
• Carrying out technical supervision of construction contractors during the execution of the design, construction & commissioning ensuring the quality of the works according to the contract requirements.
• Prepare scope of work, technical bid evaluation and analyses and make recommendations.
• Support operations by providing technical supports, root causes analysis (RCA) and going to site to obtain the necessary information and work with operation closely.
• Review and approve pipeline selection and specification design
• Participate in Design review, HAZOP as required
• Provide design guidance to Engineering contractor to perform the engineering works according to the requirements, Specification and International standards.
• Arrangement of project specifications for engineering works developments
• Manage and coach young engineers.
• Minimum BSc Mechanical Engineering
• Minimum 8 years’ of relevant experience.
• Experience working with survey information and GIS information for pipeline routing activities and drawing/alignment sheet generation, review and approval.
• Conversant with ASME B31 design codes for pressure equipment (mainly B31.4, B31.8, B31.8S B31G etc.)
• Experience in pipe stress calculations (hoop, thermal, bending) and ability to perform them using basic software tools (MS Excel, CAESAR II etc.). Knowledge of soil springs/friction and pipe soil interactions.
• Understanding of materials (GRP, RTP, HDPE, CS, DSS, CS-FBE etc.), and ability to make linepipes material specifications.
• Basic pipeline hydraulic analysis using tools such as Pipesim for both gas and liquid systems (static hydraulic profiles, line sizing, etc.)
• Preparation of Pipeline Construction Scope of Work and Specifications, Hydrostatic pressure testing calculations and profile generation, review and approval of design drawings (e.g. Alignment sheets and Isometrics.
• Understanding of pipeline corrosion mechanisms and corrosion control (coatings, CP systems, etc.)
• Pipeline design calculations, Wall Thickness, Stress (hoop, thermal, bend), buoyancy control, upheaval/lateral buckling, hydraulic profiles, etc.
• Material Requisitions for Linepipes, Coatings, Valves, Bends, Tees, Scraper traps and Fittings etc.
• Experience in reviewing the pipeline integrity evaluation reports and accessing & advising on the condition/remaining life of the pipeline with permanent solutions.
• Experience in Pipeline cost estimating an asset (benchmarked estimates and/or engineering estimates)
• Experience in Pipeline construction (field) or construction planning (office).
About the Company
Swisslinx Middle East is a leading executive search firm in the region. We specialise in recruitment solutions, talent acquisition and career advice across a wide range of markets within the financial services sector.
We are located in the heart of the Dubai International Financial Centre (DIFC) which gives us unrivalled access to onshore Middle Eastern clients and candidates. We also partner with clients in London, Zurich, Geneva, Zug, Frankfurt and Paris and have been instrumental in establishing onshore Middle Eastern and Emerging Market teams.
We believe in building long-term relationships with our clients helping them develop successful, sustainable businesses. Transparency, trust and discretion drive the way in which we mediate between clients and candidates and ensure we consistently deliver results.