Job description / Role
Senior Planner - Civil / Infrastructure / Marine Projects - Oman
A senior position involving hands on planning and scheduling duties on projects involving engineering, procurement and construction.
Duties will include but not limited to:
• Preparation of Baseline Project Planning Package – including Schedule Basis Memorandum, Baseline Schedule using Primavera, Resource Loading, S Curves and Progress Measurement.
• Collect periodic updates and prepare daily, weekly and monthly updates of the Project Schedule and Progress Measurement including reforecasting of Schedule and Resources.
• Implement KPI reporting – productivity, schedule.
• Create Schedule variance reports at least monthly.
• Prepare and submit daily, weekly and monthly reports (Internal / External).
• Prepare basic Schedule Analysis for contractual claims.
• To ensure all contract planning operations are in accordance with the company’s procedures and policies.
• Co-operation and liaison with the company’s Operations Manager to ensure sound planning operation of all ongoing projects to ensure successful outcomes of all operations.
• To aid in the ongoing continuous improvement of planning and project controls systems and procedures which ensure contract requirements are met and the company’s position is protected in all ongoing trading activities.
• To set a positive, professional example to all subordinate staff and demonstrate good leadership supporting the company’s core values.
• Assisting in establishing a client's requirements.
• To be a key contributor within the risk management process.
• Minimum 10 years of relevant experience in civil and infrastructure, ideally with EPC experience.
• Held previous roles such as Sr. Planner / Sr. Project Controls Engineer / Lead Planner.
• Previous Gulf experience preferred but not mandatory
• BE (Civil) and Professional membership of a relevant recognized institute is advantageous ie PMP, CIOB etc.
• Fluent in written and spoken English
About the Company
At NSR we pride ourselves on market knowledge, integrity, loyalty and professionalism. Through personal relationships and knowledge of what our clients look for in specific requirements we like to pride ourselves on matching people to the right role.
The partners at NSR have always dealt with people in an open and honest manner and as a company we are driven to find the right opportunity for people enhancing their career where ever this may be worldwide.
We work on the principal that every person we deal with is a potential client, this process has proved beneficial for us as there are many people we have dealt with on the International circuit that have approached NSR Associates to recruit for them as a client after we have worked on their behalf as a candidate.
Senior Planning Engineer/Planning Manager - Infrastructure
|East Timor||26 Aug|
Project Controls Manager
Qatar Project Management (QPM)
Planning Engineer - Road & Infrastructure
Bin Omran Trading and Contracting (BOTC)
Senior Planner - Build
Robinson Faris Jones - Human Resources (RFJ-HR)
Senior Planning Engineer for a Construction and Engineering Company
A Leading Recruitment Agency in UAE