Job description / Role
Be a part of our international consultancy business that spans our five global hubs, where we oversee work for world leading organisations across the public and private sectors.
Our Middle East, North Africa and India hub started in 1998 and has successfully operated in a wide range of countries, delivering project and programme management and cost consultancy services.
Senior Project Manager - Education and Sports Facility
To control, manage and coordinate the project delivery throughout the full project lifecycle, preconstruction through to handover and close out, to ensure the works are delivered safely, on time and to agreed budget, whilst maintaining high quality standards.
This is a fast track schools project with a 12 month programme that will require a hands on approach to drive the project in a safe and effective manner.
Your responsibilities will include:
• Establishing and maintaining key relationships with project partners, designer, contractors and other key stakeholders.
• Setting up regular and clear lines of communication to address issues that may arise.
• Attending regular site progress meeting and ensuring project director/team leader is updated on all issues.
• Providing input to the project programme and ensuring contractors meet the requirements of the programme.
• Managing and developing the team to ensure objectives are met and staff are supported.
• Contributing to the procurement of contractors as part of the project team.
• Ensuring the management plan is followed and adhered to.
• Ensuring all statutory undertakings are obtained and monitor implementation.
• Taking responsibility for ensuring safe project working practices are adhered to for all site personnel and take appropriate action where necessary.
• Preparing handover schedule and ensuring any outstanding defects are rectified.
• Representing the company in a professional manner at all times.
• Providing necessary input to the monthly report for issuance to the client demonstrating all key aspects of the project.
Your experience, knowledge and skills need to include:
• Proven working experience in civil/construction engineering/management.
• Successful track record of managing contractors and other stakeholders.
• Experience of managing and motivating a team.
• Sound knowledge of health and safety, contract law (FIDIC) and building regulations.
• Excellent knowledge of key project processes such as design principals and management, construction processes, procurement and tendering.
• Good IT skills (familiarity with construction management software and Microsoft Office packages).
• Strong site management and organizational skills.
• Effective communicator, with excellent influencing and negotiating skills.
• Self-motivated and reliable towards fulfilling obligations while displaying a good-natured, cooperative attitude.
• Ability to work in a pressurised environment.
• Results and quality focused individual.
• Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, using a flexible pragmatic approach
• Critical thinking skills. Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
• Judgment and decision making skills. Considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one.
• Ability to adapt to and manage change.
• A degree qualification is essential.
• Professional memberships are an advantage but are not essential.
“Mace is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for our people to excel.”
About the Company
Mace is an international consultancy and construction company that has delivered world class projects since 1990. Today we employ over 5,000 people across five global hubs in Europe, Middle East North Africa & India, North America, Asia Pacific and Sub-Saharan Africa.
Four simple values guide our behaviour in our pursuit of a better way; Safety First, Client Focus, Create Opportunity, Integrity. We aim to attract the best and brightest people, whatever their background, to bring new perspectives to some of the most challenging and inspiring projects around the world.
We support our people who are aiming to achieve an academic or professional qualification that will help them develop personally and deliver to the highest standard for our clients. At Mace you can deepen your knowledge, expand your skills and define your own path.
Construction - Project Manager
Senior Construction Manager
Project Manager - High End Retail
|Ras Al Khaimah||20 May|
Project Manager - Client Representative