Job description / Role
Senior Project Manager / Director for Oil and Gas Division in Oman
• Responsible and accountable to manage all Multi-Discipline Design, Engineering & Technical Support from front end design through detailed design.
• He/ She shall report directly to the Contract Manager.
• Shall possess a potential to develop to an executive management position within a world class Contractor organization.
• Shall have sound commercial appreciation and judgment.
• Adept in conducting formal meetings, summarize and close out pending issues.
• Shall possess ability to manage multiple-discipline Engineering projects and provide technical support simultaneously
• Good interpersonal & communication skills. Shall be able to form, smoothly interact and motivate a team within a matrix type organization.
• Single point responsibility for the cost, schedule and quality execution of Company engineering projects through all phases from design, construction, commissioning, handover, close out
• Fully understand the requirement of the contract quality management system and ensure these requirements are met.
• Ensure that HSE matters are given due to consideration in project Design and Engineering.
• Ensure all Design and Engineering is executed in line with Company/International/Shell standards and Specifications.
• Actively Pursue the evaluation and application of new technology in order to optimize future developments in terms of cost and operability.
• To develop the scope of work handed over by the Company project engineer for each project to achieve the specified deliverables.
• To exercise control over Engineering Resources to execute Design and provide Technical Support within budget.
• To propose to Company ingenious and creative ways of solving or simplifying technical problems that could significantly reduce Company cost.
• Degree in a relevant Engineering discipline (B.Sc./M.Sc./B.Eng.) and membership of internationally accepted applicable professional Institute.
Experience Level Needed:
• Shall have minimum 5 years’ experience in the Design and Engineering of large oil
• Minimum of 10 to 15 years’ experience in design & engineering with a minimum of 5 years’ experience in the Design and Engineering of large oil and gas projects
About the Company
We are in operation since 1975 and have recruited more than 100k skilled and semi-skilled professionals in the Construction, MEP, Oil & Gas, Hospitality, Catering and Power & utilities sector over the past 4 decades.