Job description / Role
• Responsible for the development of project(s) through the direction of control documents and instruction from the senior management team.
• Assists with the preparation of Development feasibility studies, concept master planning etc. to develop the initial briefing requirements for Consultants.
• Develops procurement strategy for the delivery of the specified components, both in terms of design, construction and where applicable, operation and maintenance companies.
• Responsible for Cost Management of the respective project(s) with respect to Cost Planning, cost reporting, change management and Contract Close out in liaise with the Commercial Team.
• Responsible for providing progress reports and information to Senior Management Team
• Responsible for developing junior members of staff within their team with the aim of enhancing the Omani skill base within the department.
• Responsible for managing the process of statutory approvals whether through the Client or Consultant.
• Manage the procurement of Consultant teams to complete the design work, in coordination with the Commercial Department.
• Undertake design management of the project(s).
• Coordinate the input of all necessary Departments, including but not limited to Facilities Management, Customer Services, and Asset Management.
• Identifies and defines methods of design, contract procurement and delivery.
• Identification and management of risk assessment throughout the lifetime of the project(s).
• Responsible for championing value management and value engineering to optimize the end product.
• Ability to identify “full cycle” opportunities ensuring the design, procurement, supply chain and delivery of new solutions is ensured before implementation.
• Identifies opportunities for developing existing techniques and replacing them with more effective solutions.
• Responsible for the management of the Contractors throughout the contract duration ensuring that the contract is delivered to the satisfaction. Manages all contractor interfaces.
• Responsible for managing Contract Administration.
• Manages the construction/design team to ensure the contract is delivered to the original design intent.
• Identifies areas of risk and opportunity within Contracts and manages the process of these to resolution.
• Responsible for the development of a close out and handover strategy and the management thereof, ensuring seamless transition between the Delivery Team and the Facility and Asset Management Teams.
• Bachelors in Civil Engineering/ Building or Project Management
• MRICS preferred
• PMP/PMI qualification advantageous
• 15 Years’ compatible experience
• Experience of working against set targets, service levels and quality levels.
• Experience of managing contractors and/or delivery based teams
About the Company
Our aim is to provide our clients and candidates with a consistent, quality service that goes beyond the norm, giving them peace of mind and complete trust in our ability to meet their needs.
Big Fish consultants specialise in their fields and have extensive experience in the region and beyond. We take pride in our knowledge and network and believe that our relationships are built on trust and integrity and are made for the long term.
At Big Fish, as well as caring for the people we work with, we also care about the world and environment we live in, that's why Big Fish support initiatives that promote human welfare, environmental protection and sustainability.
|Saudi Arabia||22 May|
Senior Project Manager
Qatar Project Management (QPM)
Civil Engineering Project Manager
Construction Manager - Major Exhibition Programme
Qatar Project Management (QPM)