Job description / Role
Faithful+Gould is a construction consultancy and member of SNC Lavalin group of companies. As one of the world's leading total solutions providers for the built environment, Faithful+Gould has been providing a versatile blend of construction, program, cost and project management to private companies and the public sector for more than 60 years.
We are currently looking for experienced Senior Quantity Surveyors to join our team to work on new projects across varying sectors in Oman. This is a fantastic opportunity to be part of a growing team on high profile projects within in Oman.
The Senior Quantity Surveyor (SQS) will ensure the delivery of efficient and effective quantity surveying services in technical and elementary aspects of the professional practice within the work package in their own remit. The Senior Quantity Surveyors responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Reporting directly to the Lead Quantity Surveyor.
- Surveying in relation to both pre and/or post contract duties.
- Certifying works completed by the contractor, assessing changes and document variations.
- Managing, supervising and monitoring subordinates.
- Requesting cost estimates for variations from both consultants and contractors.
- Monitoring and checking responses to requests for cost estimates.
- Validating cost estimates from contractors and consultants.
- Producing final cost estimates for variations.
- Preparing final variation orders for signature by the client.
- Monitoring the submission and verification of payment applications from both contractors and consultants.
- Verifying payment application certifications from consultants.
- Recommending final amounts for payment.
- Bachelor Degree in Quantity Surveying or related
- Minimum 10 + years Quantity Surveying working experience in the Middle East or UAE ideally
- Experience working on Cost X is a must
- Knowledge and understanding of the following:
- Cost planning (concept design, schematic design & detailed design)
- Measurement / BOQ in POMI & CESMM
- Collation of Contract Documentation
- Understanding of FDIC Forms of Contracts
- Buildings, Residential projects
- Demonstrate good understanding of compiling unit rates for estimating.
- Middle East Experience
- Chartered or working towards MRICS
- Essential (Planning & time management, influencing skills, customer focus etc.)
- Task orientated
- Team player but able to work independently with minimum supervision
- Able to meet set deliverables
- Good communication skills, both oral and written
- Able to act on own initiative and proactive manner
Rewards & Benefits:
We offer an excellent package which includes:
- A competitive salary
- Transportation allowance
- Medical and life insurance cover
- Annual leave
- Medical and life insurance cover
- Company gratuity scheme
- Discretionary bonus scheme
- Annual flight allowance to point of origin
- Employee Well-Being Programme - 24 hour free advice on financial, legal and family care specialists and also access to personal health, fitness and nutrition consultants;
SNC Lavalin's Faithful+Gould business is one of the world's leading integrated project and programme management consultancies; with over 2,400 professionals operating worldwide. Our aim is to protect and maximise our clients' interests throughout the planning and delivery of projects, ensuring they are delivered on time, on budget. We pride ourselves on collaborating with client teams and developing long-term relationships.
Active in the Middle East for over 20 years, we have offices in the UAE, Qatar, Oman and Saudi Arabia. We hire and retain only the best people in the industry. Our success is built on recruiting - and then developing - brilliant people from a broad range of professional and cultural backgrounds. It's precisely this diversity of talent that sets us apart.
Acquired by SNC Lavalin in 2017, we also have an extensive depth of geographic exposure across 50 countries and the breadth of 53,000 experts. As one of the largest engineering contractors, we have access to 17,000 staff in the Middle East making us one of the largest multidisciplinary consultancies in the region.
Our commitment to equality, diversity & inclusion
What does equality, diversion and inclusion look like at the SNC-Lavalin Group?
About the Company
SNC Lavalin’s Faithful+Gould business is one of the world’s leading integrated project and programme management consultancies, with over 2,400 professionals operating worldwide.
Our aim is to protect and maximize our clients’ interests throughout the planning and delivery of projects, ensuring they are delivered on time, on budget. We pride ourselves on collaborating with client teams and developing long-term relationships.
Key services include - Project management, programme management, project controls, commercial management, cost management and expert scheduling and construction planning.
Our industry is going through a digital transformation and we have been investing in and pioneering digital methods to improve all aspects of our service. We have focused our digital transformation around platform modernization and product development and through standardization and automation, we are achieving efficiencies that are directly passed on our clients who benefit from a consistent quality of service as well as the savings.
Active in the Middle East for over 20 years, we have offices in the UAE, Qatar, Oman and Saudi Arabia. We hire and retain only the best people in the industry. Our success is built on recruiting – and then developing – brilliant people from a broad range of professional and cultural backgrounds. It’s precisely this diversity of talent that sets us apart.