Job description / Role
Faithful+Gould is one of the world's leading consultancies providing integrated project and programme management services for construction and engineering projects, with a turnover in excess of £200 million. We worldwide has access to 2,500 consultants, of whom 450+ are located in the Middle East across six offices. We have successfully delivered commercial advice and management support for over 65 years to clients in Asia Pacific, Europe, Middle East, UK, and North America. We are a wholly-owned subsidiary of the Atkins Group, the design and engineering company.
Active in the Middle East for 18 years, Faithful+Gould combines in-depth knowledge of the region with the ability to draw on our global resource and constructive expertise, to deliver the most challenging of projects. With registered companies in Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Qatar, Oman, Saudi Arabia, and Kuwait, this makes us one of the strongest international construction consultancies in the region.
Faithful+Gould is the first and only Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS) regulated business in the Middle East. This sets us apart from our competitors in not only the quality of service we provide to our clients, but more importantly to our valuable staff, by means of our full support in their training and development needs. By being active in supporting our staff in their professional development, we currently achieve a RICS pass rate for candidates undertaking their RICS APC above both the national and international averages.
- Providing post-award contract Management of "Quantity Surveying and Cost Estimating" Services on all types of Contracts including engineering, construction, operation & maintenance activities and shall include but not be limited to the followings:
- Review, verifying and challenging Third Party Contractor Cost Estimates.
- Auditing, verifying and preparing the monthly progress valuations and final accounts based on SoR / Manhours against approved cost estimates and Contract Terms and Conditions including site visits to carry out site verifications and measurements.
- Assist Lead QS in Execution of the first assessment of Star Rates.
- Able to provide durations data of standard performance for the statistical verifications.
- Providing commercial / contractual site information in preparation of Variations to Contract and evaluating price escalations of materials.
- Evaluating claims submitted by Third Party Contractors.
- Inputting progress and Final Account payments in Company SAP system that includes creating service entries and Technical Release.
- Providing commercial / contractual awareness to Company Engineering, Operation, Maintenance, etc. as & when required.
- Providing coaching and developing to junior staff.
- Reports directly to the Lead QS/CE in Interior locations and to CM in Capital area.
Minimum Academic Qualifications:
- Should possess one of the following or equivalent to the Company's discretion:-
- Omani National with QS Degree and 6 years of experience in QS profession or QS Diploma with 7 years of experience in QS profession, of which at least 3 years in a senior position.
- Non-Omani shall have at least QS Diploma or equivalent with a minimum of 10 years of experience in the Oil and Gas industry, of which at least 6 years in a senior position.
- Has a broad range of engineering multi-discipline awareness required in executing quantity surveying recordings and prepared cost estimates, preferably familiar with the Company / Shell Standards & Guidelines.
- Hands-on experience of Database Management and SAP.
- Sound understanding of the contracting environment.
- Worked on both Schedule of Rates and Manhour control Contracts for 5 years.
- Good communicator and has good inter-personal skills. Excellent in both written and spoken English.
- Minimum 3 years experience with activity or work sampling techniques and relevant statistic methods.
- Highly knowledgeable in transferring knowledge of Quantity Surveying practices to Company Omani QSs.
- Must have a valid Omani Driving licence.
- Energetic person who is self starting, takes initiatives, has a high degree of personal integrity, high standard of business ethics, good commercial acumen with adequate computer skills (familiar with Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel as a minimum).
- Provide governance for the overall SAP Input and all QS activities by his fellow Quantity Surveyors.
- Ensure Third Party Contractors' progress measures (Manhours and Cost) and payments are correct.
- Ensure that dealings with Third Party Contractors and Vendors during the engagement and subsequent relationships are fair, transparent and in accordance with business principles.
- Ensure fair and equitable dealings especially with Omani Local Community Contractors (LCCs) from COMPANY concession areas.
Rewards & Benefits:
We offer an excellent package which includes:
- A competitive salary
- Transportation allowance
- Medical and life insurance cover
- Annual leave
- Medical and life insurance cover
- Company gratuity scheme
- Discretionary bonus scheme
- Annual flight allowance to point of origin
- Employee Well-Being Programme - 24 hour free advice on financial, legal and family care specialists and also access to personal health, fitness and nutrition consultants;
SNC Lavalin's Faithful+Gould business is one of the world's leading integrated project and programme management consultancies; with over 2,400 professionals operating worldwide. Our aim is to protect and maximise our clients' interests throughout the planning and delivery of projects, ensuring they are delivered on time, on budget. We pride ourselves on collaborating with client teams and developing long-term relationships.
Active in the Middle East for over 20 years, we have offices in the UAE, Qatar, Oman and Saudi Arabia. We hire and retain only the best people in the industry. Our success is built on recruiting - and then developing - brilliant people from a broad range of professional and cultural backgrounds. It's precisely this diversity of talent that sets us apart.
Acquired by SNC Lavalin in 2017, we also have an extensive depth of geographic exposure across 50 countries and the breadth of 53,000 experts. As one of the largest engineering contractors, we have access to 17,000 staff in the Middle East making us one of the largest multidisciplinary consultancies in the region.
About the Company
SNC Lavalin’s Faithful+Gould business is one of the world’s leading integrated project and programme management consultancies, with over 2,400 professionals operating worldwide.
Our aim is to protect and maximize our clients’ interests throughout the planning and delivery of projects, ensuring they are delivered on time, on budget. We pride ourselves on collaborating with client teams and developing long-term relationships.
Key services include - Project management, programme management, project controls, commercial management, cost management and expert scheduling and construction planning.
Our industry is going through a digital transformation and we have been investing in and pioneering digital methods to improve all aspects of our service. We have focused our digital transformation around platform modernization and product development and through standardization and automation, we are achieving efficiencies that are directly passed on our clients who benefit from a consistent quality of service as well as the savings.
Active in the Middle East for over 20 years, we have offices in the UAE, Qatar, Oman and Saudi Arabia. We hire and retain only the best people in the industry. Our success is built on recruiting – and then developing – brilliant people from a broad range of professional and cultural backgrounds. It’s precisely this diversity of talent that sets us apart.