Job description / Role
Senior Solution Sales Executive - Platform & Technology - Oman Job
Work Area: Sales
Expected Travel: 0 - 10%
Career Status: Professional
Employment Type: Regular Full Time
SAP started in 1972 as a team of five colleagues with a desire to do something new. Together, they changed enterprise software and reinvented how business was done. Today, as a market leader in enterprise application software, we remain true to our roots. That's why we engineer solutions to fuel innovation, foster equality and spread opportunity for our employees and customers across borders and cultures.
SAP values the entrepreneurial spirit, fostering creativity and building lasting relationships with our employees. We know that a diverse and inclusive workforce keeps us competitive and provides opportunities for all. We believe that together we can transform industries, grow economics, lift up societies and sustain our environment. Because it's the best-run businesses that make the world run better and improve people's lives.
Purpose and Objectives:
As a quota-based, direct SAP Platform & Technologies (P&T) Solution Sales Executive (SSE), you will develop a strategy and execute an intelligent enterprise sales plan resulting in license sales revenue wins with new and existing accounts.
At a product level, the P&T AE must develop and maintain an awareness of SAP's current and future Platform and Technology products encompassing the intelligent enterprise (including Sybase, HANA, EIM, cloud platform and Middleware, Analytics and SAP Cloud Platform), acting as a knowledgeable resource for customers. The P&T SSE must be able to articulate SAP's value proposition within the competitive landscape of relational, columnar and in-memory database technologies. The P&T AE will need to understand how database integration (ETL) and quality solutions add value to an enterprise IT landscape. This individual will also need to understand how these technologies tie into a larger enterprise portfolio ranging from master data management to enterprise portals and business applications.
The P&T SSE will be focused on driving innovation into customer accounts. A key component of the success of this role relies upon the AEs ability to learn and articulate how SAP can drive innovation into accounts, in order to improve revenue, margin and market position. The SEE will be supported by SAP resources, to communicate and quantify the vision for the customer - the AE will be the leading story teller in the process
The P&T SEE will work closely with other support resources (including presales, global sales support) to achieve their objectives. This role is part of the SAP Platform and Technologies Organization and will report into a regional leader.
Expectations and Task of Job:
* Demonstrate the business benefits and value proposition of SAP Database, Data Management and Analytics and Technology solutions
* Collaborate with support resources to maximize P&T revenue
* Identify customer business pains and challenges and articulate those challenges into SAP solutions
* Identify areas of innovation within the client base, and then drive resources to prove out the innovation and its business value for the customer
* Develop new business sales opportunities in new accounts
* Manage a number of complex sales opportunities simultaneously
* Win complex sales deals in a competitive environment to achieve sales targets
* Maintain broad and deep knowledge of SAP P&T portfolio, as well as industry trends
Experience selling Database, Data Management and/or Technology solutions to large Enterprises. Experienced in SAP or Sybase Database & Data Management products preferred. Experience with Analytical and Predictive Technologies including Cloud applications. Management of large, complex sales cycles with a minimum 3M quota. Strong communication and presentation skills with the ability to interact at the CXO level. Experience in both hunting for new business and managing existing accounts.
Education and Qualifications/Skills and Competencies:
* Minimum of 5 years of similar working experience
* Possess hands-on knowledge of SAP, Sybase, Oracle, IBM, Microsoft, Teradata, Informatica, MapR, Cloudera, Hortonworks or other associated database and data management technology
* Good understanding of Software/Systems/Database architecture
* Ability to forecast/ manage sales expenses, and successfully close new business
* Proven problem resolution, communication, planning & organizing, execution skills
* Business development, prospecting and presentation skills
* Proven track record of exceeding sales objective and territory/account development
* Bachelor's Degree
What You Get From Us:
Success is what you make it. At SAP, we help you make it your own. A career at SAP can open many doors for you. If you're searching for a company that's dedicated to your ideas and individual growth, recognizes you for your unique contributions, fills you with a strong sense of purpose, and provides a fun, flexible and inclusive work environment - apply now .
Sap's Diversity Commitment:
To harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company. SAP is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities.
About the Company
Headquartered in Walldorf, Germany, SAP is the world's largest business software company with more than 51,500 employees at sales and development locations in more than 50 countries worldwide.
Our global development approach focuses on distributing development across the world in strategically important markets. A global network of SAP Labs spanning Bulgaria, Canada, China, Germany, Hungary, India, Israel, and the United States, enables SAP to operate locally, yet organize globally.
As the global technology research unit of SAP, SAP Research significantly contributes to SAP's product portfolio and extends SAP's leading position by identifying and shaping emerging IT trends through applied research and corporate venturing. SAP Research has highly skilled teams in 11 research centers worldwide.