This position is closed or expired.
See other Power Engineering jobs
Senior Technician – Power
Senior Technician Power – Dhofar Region
Contribute in the Operations and maintenance of power supply to telecom equipment’s installed in the various telecom facilities. Power is required for the running of the telecom facilities.
• Upkeep of AC/DC Uninterrupted power supply systems.
• Maintenance of Rectifiers, Inverters, Batteries, Diesel Generators , Automatic Mains Failure Panels and their associated electrical systems.
• Ensure that preventive maintenance routines are followed to maximize reliability of network availability.
• Prepare daily/monthly reports as per requirements for the Management.
• Keep self-up to date with procedural changes in order to maintain knowledge levels required to do the job.
• Assist and provide support to team members to help/aid the achievement of team target.
• Responsible for fault location and clearance.
• 24 hours on call duty on a routine basis.
• Assigned any other jobs by the superiors.
• Diploma Degree in Mechanical, Electrical or relevant field
• At least 6 years of experience in similar field
Behavioural Skills Requirements:
• Should have a good communication skills
• Should be good team player
• Should be able to undertake extensive outdoor travel under harsh condition
• Should be goal oriented
• Should be good in Both Arabic and English languages
Preference for: Omanis
About the Company
Omantel is the pioneer of total communications solutions in the Sultanate of Oman. We have the widest choice of state of the art services with the broadest network coverage. We listen to understand your needs and value feedback. We strive to deliver on our promises.
Omantel (as both Omantel and Oman Mobile) has offered the full spectrum of telecommunications solutions to the people and businesses of Oman since the dawn of the Renaissance in 1970. Over the years, as the pioneering telecommunications supplier, we have striven to connect even the most remote communities to each other and to the rest of the world. As a pillar of the Omani economy, Omantel has been a leading player in Oman’s progress and national development.
The Omantel logo, embodies the Omani heritage, in the form of the Khanjar. Our color palette, blue and orange, signals our dedication to professionalism and progression as well as a vibrant spirit. The Omantel name, combined both in Arabic and English, is cradled and encapsulated in our new brand symbol reflecting a caring mindset.
Our tagline reflects also our philosophy of togetherness as this is at the heart of everything we do – as we lead the way in bringing individuals, families, businesses and regions ever closer together using leading edge technology for communications.