Job description / Role
• Assists the Manager-Senior Manager Business Systems to Manage IT business applications for one or more Business areas within the framework of IT policies, service level commitments and quality guidelines
• Maintain high performing service support functions including and IT Service Desk, Desktop Support and VIP Support
• Owner of the Incident, Request, Change and Escalation processes, ensuring high levels of performance in these processes, accurate reporting and establishing service improvement activities when required
• Take ownership of major incidents to ensuring coordination of resolving parties, effective communication to stakeholders and post incident review
• Monitor, control and support service delivery; ensuring systems, methodologies and procedures are in place and followed
• Champion Service and Support in projects and developing a strong understanding of projects impacting respective service area and ensuring service impact is minimised and agreed
• Be accountable for the quality of Service and performance; ensuring future demand from growth and projects is understood and factored into capacity plans for all associated systems
• Drive internal and third party service review meetings covering performance, service improvements, quality and processes
• Review Project Metrics- SLAs, their achievement & take corrective action.
• Bachelor Degree in a related science discipline or Computer Engineering or Post graduate qualification in the area of Computer Application with 6 years of IT experience of which at least 3 years’ experience in IT Service Delivery
• Or Two years College Diploma in the related discipline with 8 years of relevant experience
• Airline working experience will be an advantage.
About the Company
Oman Air, the flagship company of the Sultanate of Oman's Civil Aviation sector, commenced operations in 1993. Starting off as a regional player, Oman Air, as Oman's national carrier has witnessed rapid growth in the last 14 years. Oman Air has played a major role in making Muscat a major traffic hub in the Middle East providing a fillip to commercial, industrial and tourism activities.
As a full-fledged commercial airline of Oman, Oman Air has striven to maintain high performance standards in all aspects of its operation. The Oman International Services was established in the year 1970 & later Oman Aviation Services was founded on 1981 to extend services to the other airlines in terms of cargo handling, ground handling etc.
The Oman Air fleet consists of most modern and fuel- efficient aircraft with aesthetically designed interiors. Ultra- modern in-flight service equipment is deployed onboard to improve safety and overall performance. Investment in new technology, planning and product innovation has propelled Oman Air to the forefront of the aviation industry.