Job description / Role
- Carry the Sharia review for documents, contracts, products, manuals, marketing material, policies and procedures and all other bank documents under the direct supervision of the Manger Sharia Compliance and Audit.
- Maintaining a log system and incoming Sharia queries from different departments and the response of the Manager or the SSB to them.
- Maintaining database and record for all the Fatawa issued by the SSB.
- Organize and maintain the agenda and schedules of the compliance department tasks.
- Assist the head of department in organizing, maintaining the secretariat of the Sharia Supervisory Board.
- Use his computer and administrative skills for archiving the cases and maintain the Fatawa database in a systematic way.
- Contribute in meetings, discussion and review of new Islamic products development.
Providing full logistic support to the Manager to schedule and hold the SSB meetings
• Omani or GCC National Preferred
• Should possess in-depth knowledge of Islamic banking products and structures
• CSAA Certification from AAOIFI
• Strong computer and administrative skills
• Should possess effective communication skills with strong oral and written skills
• Should be self-motivated, initiative, innovative and dynamic
About the Company
Established on January 1 1990, Bank Dhofar is an Omani commercial bank wholly owned and managed by Omanis. With successive years of constantly setting new standards in banking, BD has attained an impressively expanding network of 50 operational branches and 89 ATMs.
Through an international network linked by advanced technology, BD provides a comprehensive range of financial services that encompass personal financial services; commercial banking; corporate, investment banking and markets; private banking; and other activities.
Its Board of Directors & Management Team consists of eminent professionals like accountants, management experts, economists, businesspersons, etc. The Bank has strengths in both retail and corporate banking and is committed to adopting the best industry practices internationally in order to achieve excellence.