Superiority of Modern Services (SOMS)
Job description / Role
• Advanced SIS technical skill, including specification, design, demonstration of availability, obsolescence planning, maintenance practices, etc.
• Excellent interpersonal skills, and ability to lead and direct the work of others including: maintenance, operations, engineers, contractors, etc.
• Strong, audience-appropriate verbal and written communication skills; comfortable taking a persuasive stance to establish and defend technical strategy.
• Strong problem solving skills required
• Demonstrated history of establishing and achieving personal and site goals, and inspiring of others to do the same.
• Extensive knowledge of DCS, PLC, and field instrumentation including, but not limited to; pressure, temperature, flow, level and equipment monitoring and controls; DCS systems; PLC implementation and use including safety PLCs.
• The Instrumentation Supervisor is accountable to execute and manage the Instrumentation scope of the Project.
• The role includes managing interfaces internally within the project and externally with Shell and Base Plant teams , Contractors, other disciplines (Mechanical, Instrumentation, Controls, Fire and Gas systems, IT etc) and other projects.
• The Instrumentation Supervisor shall be accountable for managing and delivery on safety, quality, cost and schedule performance against the plan by driving project delivery and managing the site contractors for all activities connected with Instrumentation scope.
• The Instrumentation Supervisor is required to coordinate with the Asset team to firm up the scope and split of scope execution between the Asset and Project.
• Bachelor's Degree in Electrical/Electronics/Instrumentation and Control/Chemical from an accredited university
• Minimum 7 or more years refinery or chemical plant experience in instrument and SIS engineering.
• Extensive experience with DCS systems and PLCs is required.
• Extensive experience with management of change as applied to control systems discipline.
• TUV or ISA certification in Safety Instrumented Systems, or equivalent projects in the discipline field of electrical engineering.
• Experience in managing multi discipline teams.
• Skilled in written and oral communications.
• Proven experience in managing stakeholders.
• Salary – competitive / no bar for right candidate
About the Company
Superiority of Modern Services (SOMS) is a 100% Omani SME Limited Liability Company founded in year 2015. SOMS is one of the leading and rapidly growing industrial maintenance service company in the Sultanate of Oman certified with ISO 9001, ISO 14001 & OHSAS 18001. We offer wide variety of industrial services in fields of; Energy (Power stations), Oil & Gas, Water & Waste Water Treatment (Desalination), Engineering Consultation, and Marine. With our wide range of expertise, we can offer the “correct” service with the highest quality in the market.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Quality Control Engineer
RTC-1 Employment Services
GEA GRADE Refrigeration LLC
RTC-1 Employment Services