Job description / Role
Dynamic opportunity to join one of the worlds leading Engineering Consultancies.
• Responsible for updating and completing the Construction Execution Plan.
• Reviews and refines the plan as the project progresses.
• Directs overall construction effort including coordination of erection activities, suppliers, direct hire craft labor, subcontractors, startup and testing activities, and the owner.
• Directs implementation of the Construction Processes and Procedures Manual (CPPM) and insures requests for deviations are submitted when necessary.
• Manages overall construction and startup cost to meet established budgets.
• Reviews, analyzes, and reports monthly on project construction budget, schedule, and quality performance and takes appropriate action to return the project to plan.
• Directs implementation of project construction Safety & Health and Loss Control procedures and is responsible for ensuring that the project meets the agreed safety targets.
• Directs implementation of project quality assurance procedures and is responsible for ensuring that the established level of quality is achieved.
• Directs implementation of project commissioning and testing plan and is responsible for ensuring that the necessary resources are provided to commissioning.
• Assesses and supports the change management effects associated with the implementation of improvements.
• Proactively supports, encourages and facilitates staff to engage in continuous improvement activities.
• Acts as project manager with responsibilities for the management of a multi discipline project team.
• Completed Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Engineering Technology
• 10+ Years Experience
• Familiarity of Turbine Maintenance Tooling / Equipment.
• Knowledge of Steam Turbine and Combustion Turbines, Generators, and their Auxiliary Systems.
• eam oriented / Team player in project execution from cradle to grave.
• Excellent communication skills for internal / external customers
• Familiarity with Precision measuring equipment and their use.
• Strong Troubleshooting / Problem Solving abilities
• Attention to Detail in all phases of projects
• Self-starter / Self-motivated.
• Customer satisfaction driven / Customer focused.
• Strong computer skills; Outlook, Word, Excel, Scheduling (Primavera)
About the Company
SSA Ltd. (Sommerman Skinner Associates) find out the detail to allow you to make qualified judgments about your career and its progression. On the companies that we represent (over 2000 spread across a diverse spectrum of industry) we will be able to inform you of contracts pending, awarded, company growth, opportunity, relative reward and internal prospects. We believe that through spending time and effort front end through interviewing or individual dedication we can offer real advice that will be valued. Our founder is degree qualified with extensive exposure to industry and with a career also behind him in Recruitment Management. Our team is made up of qualified construction professionals. We specialise in both permanent and freelance opportunities to qualified construction professionals.
Disciplines covered include:
Site Engineers, Site Agents, Project Managers, Contracts Managers, Quantity Surveyors, Commercial Managers, Planners, Safety, Purchasers, Estimators and Design Executive.