Job description / Role
Purpose of the Job:
• The role of the Site Supervisor is a vital one and very much the face of CADG with the client. Responsible for the smooth running of the site and ensuring the project is running to schedule and within the allocated budget.
• The Site manager is also a subject matter expert, and should be technically capable in a specific discipline, with overall knowledge of how that discipline integrates with others.
• Overall control of the site and all of the functions that the site performs.
• Supervises and coordinates site activities.
• Daily control of working practices, including the hours worked and meal times.
• Managing client expectations while staying on schedule and within budget
• Responsible for all stores that are allocated to the project.
• Responsible for all Health and safety on site.
• Supervision of plant on site, refueling of plant/vehicles and generators.
• Supervision of the workforce.
• Report daily to the Project Manger on progress.
• Reporting of broken plant/equipment/stores to the Project Manager.
• Oversee and co-ordinate materials ordering and delivery to site.
• Supervise the installation of all project related utilities to include MEP works.
• Minimum HND qualified in Construction/building or have the relevant time served.
• Concrete, Mechanical, Electrical or Civil Construction experience
• 3-5 years experience in a Site Manager position.
• In-depth technical knowledge of reading drawings and interpreting details
• Supervisory skills required
• Multi-cultural environment experience is essential and experience in post-conflicted regions is desirable.
• Excellent interpersonal and English writing communication skills.
• Project Management skills desirable but not essential
About the Company
CADG specializes in operating in complex and remote areas of Africa, Central Asia and the Middle East. Our fields of expertise include: Engineering & Construction, Camp Construction & Life Support, Aviation, Logistics & Procurement and International Development.
Our capabilities are varied yet linked – allowing us to offer our clients exactly and only what they need. The intrepid nature of our diverse, talented experts allows us to work competitively in non-permissive environments. We rely not only on our experience, but also on our ability to assess needs on the ground and marry them with practical implementation strategies to deliver tailored solutions.
The Hardest Jobs. The Toughest Places. The Best People.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Civil Site / Construction Manager
|East Timor||28 Nov|