Job description / Role
We are urgently looking for a Speech Therapist to join the professional team of a well-established, private medical center in Muscat, Oman. The ideal candidate is with Arabic nationality, and Western experience and education.
- Female or Male
- Arabic Nationality
- Speaks fluent Arabic and excellent English
- Has at least 3 years of work experience as a Speech Therapist
- Ideally has passed the Prometric exam with Oman Medical Specialty Board with the average of 70% above
- Ideally has Data Flow Verification of education completed
- Communicate with patients to evaluate their levels of speech or language difficulty
- Determine the extent of communication problems by having a patient complete basic reading and vocalizing tasks or by giving standardized tests
- Identify treatment options
- Create and carry out an individualized treatment plan
- Teach patients how to make sounds and improve their voices
- Teach alternative communication methods, such as sign language, to patients with little or no speech capability
- Work with patients to improve their ability to read and write correctly
- Work with patients to develop and strengthen the muscles used to swallow
- Counsel patients and families on how to cope with communication disorders
- Native Arabic speaker
- Fully literate in both verbal and written English
- Excellent customer service and patient care skills
- Demonstrated professional collaboration and teamwork skills with the patient at the center.
- Commitment to continuous improvement and innovation.
- Computer skills
The desired candidate must be a people person, an excellent team player, who is outgoing, energetic and positive with a willingness to learn and improve. The candidate must be willing to promote one's services and those of the clinic by participating in promotional campaigns.
About the Company
We are NOT just a recruitment agency. We are a PEOPLE'S Company. A team of dedicated professionals who believe in the well-being of the individual.
Cassia is a boutique healthcare recruitment company, offering high-value human resources to the growing demand of the Middle East medical industry. Our unique value proposition is based on placing highly qualified, experienced and well-prepared candidates from Western Nations into the rapidly expanding Middle Eastern healthcare market.