Job description / Role
We are urgently looking for a Speech Therapist to join the professional team of a well-established, private medical center in Muscat, Oman. The ideal candidate is with Arabic nationality, and Western experience and education.
- Communicate with patients to evaluate their levels of speech or language difficulty
- Determine the extent of communication problems by having a patient complete basic reading and vocalizing tasks or by giving standardized tests
- Identify treatment options
- Create and carry out an individualized treatment plan
- Teach patients how to make sounds and improve their voices
- Teach alternative communication methods, such as sign language, to patients with little or no speech capability
- Work with patients to improve their ability to read and write correctly
- Work with patients to develop and strengthen the muscles used to swallow
- Counsel patients and families on how to cope with communication disorders
The desired candidate must be a people person, an excellent team player, who is outgoing, energetic and positive with a willingness to learn and improve. The candidate must be willing to promote one's services and those of the clinic by participating in promotional campaigns.
- Female or Male
- Speaks fluent Arabic and excellent English
- Has at least 3 years of work experience as a Speech Therapist
- Ideally has passed the Prometric exam with Oman Medical Specialty Board with the average of 70% above
- Ideally has Data Flow Verification of education completed
- Fully literate in both verbal and written English
- Excellent customer service and patient care skills
- Demonstrated professional collaboration and teamwork skills with the patient at the center.
- Commitment to continuous improvement and innovation.
- Computer skills
- Excellent working environment
- Competitive pay
About the Company
We are NOT just a recruitment agency. We are a PEOPLE'S Company. A team of dedicated professionals who believe in the well-being of the individual.
Cassia is a boutique healthcare recruitment company, offering high-value human resources to the growing demand of the Middle East medical industry. Our unique value proposition is based on placing highly qualified, experienced and well-prepared candidates from Western Nations into the rapidly expanding Middle Eastern healthcare market.