Job description / Role
My client is looking to recruit for a PE Teacher for the new academic year at their international school in Oman.
Principal duties and responsibilities:
- Be a positive role model to students
- Possess the ability to identify and articulate best practices in the delivery of Physical and Health Education
- Have a working knowledge of Physical Education curriculum standards (or relevant aligned curriculum)
- Organise PE, Health and Sports workshops for students, staff and parents when appropriate
- Organise co-curricular activities
- Always conduct themselves in an exemplary manner
- Possess excellent communication and presentation skills
- Possess strong planning and organisational skills
- Demonstrate a positive attitude and passion for the role
- Create a positive learning environment that encourages learning
- Commit to innovation in teaching and learning strategies
- Be confident and professional in appearance and conduct themselves with integrity, ensuring cultural appropriateness
- Be enthusiastic and show a willingness to engage in continuous professional development
Alderwood acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Alderwood and may assist with processing your application.
- Minimum of 3 years' experience of teaching Physical and Health Education or equivalent subjects (e.g. Sports Coaching, Health and Wellbeing, Fitness, Diet and Nutrition, Strength and Conditioning, etc.).
- Experience of implementing a range of teaching and learning strategies
- Proven track record of success as an outstanding PE teacher
- Experience/good understanding of using technology
- Experience/good understanding of the implementation of Physical and Health Education training programmes
- Physical Education Degree, or Degree in relevant subject (Sports Science, Health Science, Sports Development, Sports Coaching and Management, etc.).
- Teaching Qualification (e.g. DTLLS, PGCE, Cert. Ed) or equivalent
- Valid First Aid Certificate (Must be obtained before start date if successful)
In return, you will receive the following benefits package:
- Competitive tax-free salary, dependant on Qualifications and Experience
- Accommodation is provided
- Private Health Care insurance
- Flight Allowances
About the Company
At Alderwood, we pride ourselves on best practice recruitment, tailored for the Work Based Learning, Welfare to Work and Education sectors. Our core values and attributes are important to use and underline our proven ability to deliver results