Job description / Role
Parsons’ engineering and construction management staff members create innovative, safe, and sustainable infrastructure in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, the United Arab Emirates, Qatar, Oman, Bahrain, and Kuwait. We deliver rail, transit, road, and highway transportation; water conveyance and wastewater treatment; oil and gas; land development; public; and aviation infrastructure to our customers and communities. Parsons creates interconnected communities and world-class infrastructure.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Performs conventional and moderately-complex engineering assignments, applying engineering techniques and analyses within a discipline. The Engineer at this level is proficient in the utilization of standard engineering theories and practices, and company procedures.
• Responsible for the design of transportation and infrastructure related structures, primarily bridge, highway and water retaining structures.
• Independently develops and/or supervises the creation of engineering products that meet customer quality requirements. This includes defining the problem, establishing the work scope, preparing the budget and schedule, planning the work, providing technical direction, and reporting the work status. Typical products may include detailed calculations, drawings, procurement documents, design and installation packages, proposal evaluations, technical reports, and detailed analyses.
• Develops the final design from conceptual design drawings, including limited development of architectural details.
• Assists in the preparation of technical specifications and tender documents.
• Provides input and technical guidance to CAD Designer/Drafters, Designers, and lower-level Engineers working on the same project.
• Performs other responsibilities associated with this position as may be appropriate.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Civil or Structural Engineering.
• Minimum 12 years of work experience in structural aspects of road network and infrastructure projects.
• Must be familiar with Microstation and AutoCAD systems in the production of structural drawings. Must have a working knowledge of MS Word and Excel software.
• Working knowledge of AASHTO design guidelines and structural design software including CONBOX, CONSPAN, RCPIER, PCACOL and STAAD PRO.
• Good oral and written communication skills.
• Ability to communicate logically and clearly with management and staff.
• Commitment to quality and safe work practices.
About the Company
Parsons is a leader in many diverse markets such as infrastructure, transportation, water, telecommunications, aviation, commercial, environmental, planning, industrial manufacturing, education, healthcare, life sciences and homeland security.
Parsons provides technical and management solutions to federal, regional and local government agencies as well as private industries worldwide.