Job description / Role
- Ensuring that security-local regulation and procedures are complied with for all flight operations.
- Act as an advisor to the airline on all document checks related issues.
- Scrutinize and or supervise travel documents of all passengers with view to altered-forged-stolen travel document to avoid fines impost by immigration on routes which are required.
- Achieves effective liaison with law enforcement agencies, airport authorities and diplomatic missions.
- Instruct and train CSA staff in document check system and procedures.
- Arrange trainings to the airport staff and immigration officers in travel documents fraud.
- To conduct discreet profiling of passengers from suspected points of origin or from particular regions with a view to identifying impostors and substitutes, to be achieved through the employment of special questioning techniques, together with interpersonal and language skills.
- Provide advice and guidance to the check in staff and to staff from other stations to make decisions on whether to accept or reject the travel documents (passports, identity cards, visas, tickets) of suspected passengers.
- To facilitate the offloading of suspect passengers and their baggage and to ensure correct reconciliation.
- Work closely with Immigration, Consular and Embassy officials to maximize co-operation in identifying the suspected travellers joining or transferring at station.
- Maintain close and regular contact with other embassy and consular representatives of countries at destination to identify forged and fraudulent documents. Establish and maintain familiarity with individual government regulations regarding dual nationalities etc.
- Exchange intelligence information regarding movements, behaviour and manner of travelling of illegal immigrants and their smugglers.
- Preserve copies of forged and fraudulent documents at the station for future inquiries and training purposes and where appropriate to ensure that the operating crew carries such copies to countries and destination.
- Compile reports on intercepted passengers so as to assist the company in its legal appeals to foreign immigration authorities at destination to waive the fines that have been imposed on Oman Air.
- Keep abreast with the latest development in the field of forgery, especially in terms of changes in the style and format of travel documents and the modus operandi of illegal immigrants.
- To be able to use detection equipment, training aids and other devices where appropriate to facilitate high rates of detection.
- Fresh Bachelor degree in a related discipline
- Or Two years college Diploma in a related discipline with 2 years of relevant work experience preferably in a customer oriented industry preferably in the aviation industry.
- Or Specialised certificate / license in the related field with Secondary School certificate and having 6 years of relevant work experience
About the Company
Oman Air, the flagship company of the Sultanate of Oman's Civil Aviation sector, commenced operations in 1993. Starting off as a regional player, Oman Air, as Oman's national carrier has witnessed rapid growth in the last 14 years. Oman Air has played a major role in making Muscat a major traffic hub in the Middle East providing a fillip to commercial, industrial and tourism activities.
As a full-fledged commercial airline of Oman, Oman Air has striven to maintain high performance standards in all aspects of its operation. The Oman International Services was established in the year 1970 & later Oman Aviation Services was founded on 1981 to extend services to the other airlines in terms of cargo handling, ground handling etc.
The Oman Air fleet consists of most modern and fuel- efficient aircraft with aesthetically designed interiors. Ultra- modern in-flight service equipment is deployed onboard to improve safety and overall performance. Investment in new technology, planning and product innovation has propelled Oman Air to the forefront of the aviation industry.