Job description / Role
- Monitor and plan the allocation of drivers for timely pickup- drop services to all passengers, Cabin crew and VIP - VVIP as per incoming transportation request to-from the aircraft.
- Check staff attendance and allocate effective replacements ensuring timely completion of transportation activities.
- Monitor flight schedule and drivers duty timings and there adhere to uniforms and safety gears in order to ensure all management policies, procedures and guidelines are followed by all Transport personnel.
- Coordinate with G.E. Support Team to ensure that all ground equipment are operationally safe to use and take necessary action steps for repair.
- Coordinate with Ramp Dispatch section for VIP’s, VVIP’s and ensure to allocate and provide adequate manpower and equipment.
- Monitor and ensure that assigned buses are dispatched to their respective flights as allocated in coordination with the Coordinator – Ramp Turnaround.
- Manage and motivate the performance and productivity of the teams with in the specific area of responsibility, and collaborate with peers and different sections of Ground Operations to achieve the most productive, cost effective and responsive quality solution for all activities and issues.
- Maintain regular co-ordination and communication with the other Supervisors and Resource Allocators on the shift to ensure that all activities are synchronized, adequately covered and that cross-utilization of resources is achieved where necessary.
- Proactively identify and deal with operational issues, and work with allocators to solve as required.
- Ensure that the handover process from one shift to the other is carried out in an efficient manner.
- While ensuring compliance to the corporate safety standards and safe practices conduct preliminary investigations into any incidents - accidents - discrepancies and provide the operational management with reports of any - all irregularities faced during the shift.
- Conduct follow-up on-job mentoring to all new staff and provide progress reports to On-Job-trainers and Line managers.
- Maintain proper housekeeping of assigned areas-offices ensuring that all the office equipment, furniture-fixtures are properly used and maintained.
- Ensure that all equipment is serviceable before the beginning of each shift and that unserviceable equipment is tagged as such and sent to the workshop for servicing-repairs.
- Maintain a clean ramp environment by ensuring that the bays are free of FOD (Foreign Objects Debris) before and after every flight handling.
- Carry-out an awareness of the prescribed safety standards amongst all staff and enforce compliance.
- Update knowledge of current company policy and procedures by reading, memo, circulars and manual updates.
Fresh Bachelor Degree in a related discipline with Cumulative GPA 3.0 OR Two years college Diploma in a related discipline with 2 years of relevant work experience preferably in Airline/Ground Handling either above or below the wing (in one or more core areas such as ramp, load control, passenger services and cargo) in any major international airport.
As mentioned above
About the Company
Oman Air, the flagship company of the Sultanate of Oman's Civil Aviation sector, commenced operations in 1993. Starting off as a regional player, Oman Air, as Oman's national carrier has witnessed rapid growth in the last 14 years. Oman Air has played a major role in making Muscat a major traffic hub in the Middle East providing a fillip to commercial, industrial and tourism activities.
As a full-fledged commercial airline of Oman, Oman Air has striven to maintain high performance standards in all aspects of its operation. The Oman International Services was established in the year 1970 & later Oman Aviation Services was founded on 1981 to extend services to the other airlines in terms of cargo handling, ground handling etc.
The Oman Air fleet consists of most modern and fuel- efficient aircraft with aesthetically designed interiors. Ultra- modern in-flight service equipment is deployed onboard to improve safety and overall performance. Investment in new technology, planning and product innovation has propelled Oman Air to the forefront of the aviation industry.