Job description / Role
The Talent Manager will be focusing on aligning the organisation through recruitment and retention of talent, organisational learning and knowledge management. They are responsible for the assessment and development of the employees to help the organisation achieve its vision.
- Oversee all aspects of the recruitment strategy by being able to undertake market analysis, drive KPI’s from recruitment data, forecast manpower requirements.
- Responsible for the implementation of a thorough and robust applicant tracking system (ATS).
- Completes professional head-hunting for all senior white-collar vacancies.
- Actively enables the organisation to reduce agency spend.
- Creates and manages a program of talent attraction and retention.
- Enhances the complete on-boarding process to ensure that current business topics are communicated.
- Responsible for the design and implementation of the capability development strategy within SCC.
- Ensure appropriate Technical and Behavioral competency frameworks are rolled out throughout the organisation, keeping into account job families in the various areas of the business.
- Deliver a development culture throughout the organisation.
- Set benchmarks for measuring performance and evaluating productivity in the organisation.
- Help employees to create long term career plans within the organisation and its shareholders.
- Prepares and manages the training and development budget.
- Ensures SOP's related to their area of work are in existence and kept up to date, following due process in any updates needed.
- Sets up the delivery of a training schedule and manages vendors to obtain the best value for money.
- Develops or updates performance development or improvement plan to handle the performance gap, if an employee does not meet the required performance level.
Management & Leadership Responsibilities:
- Follow HR policies and procedures to ensure management consistency and enhance employee engagement at all levels.
- Contribute effectively to the HR Management team in developing enhanced HR systems.
- Contribute to monthly MI reporting, providing trend analysis to executives.
- Keep abreast of industry developments to enhance SCC capabilities.
- Identifying leadership development training needs that drive the highest level of employee engagement and performance.
- Provides professional guidance to all SCC Managers and employees involved in training and development.
- Native English speaker.
- Educated and work experience within a western country (this does not include remote study).
- BA in business related degree (Diploma acceptable too with relevant experience).
- 10+ years relevant experience including; recruitment processes & talent acquisition, managing & measuring business performance and learning & development.
- 2+ years of working experience with/in the Middle East.
- Project Management exposure.
- Excellent communication and people management skills.
- Exceptional moral compass and dedication to transparency and fairness.
- Relevant professional training accreditation.
- Construction/ Engineering/O&G experience.
About the Company
Operating in Oman since 1976, Sarooj Construction Company was re-structured in 2006 and has an established track-record and leading reputation for the provision of Earthworks, Geo-technical, Marine, Infrastructure, Airports, Roads, Buildings, Electrical & Mechanical Works and Site Temporary Facilities to the Oil & Gas and other construction industries in Oman.
Sarooj is part of Al Taher Group (ATG), a name that has been synonymous in the real estate sector, various engineering fields and the oil industry in the Sultanate since the 1970's.
Sarooj has 43 years of experience working in Oman on major Infrastructure projects and oilfield services for leading operating companies such as Petroleum Development Oman (Shell), British Petroleum (BP), OOCEP, Occidental and Total and has been involved in most of the flagship infrastructure projects in Oman such as Musandam Gas Plant, Musandam Independent Power Plant, Nimr Water Treatment Plant, Shinas Port, Al Mouj Resort, Madha Road and Haima Airstrip. Services provided have included the construction of some 1,500 Well Pads, 500,000 m³ of Concrete, 900 Kms between Roads & Bridges, 8,000,000 m³ of rock in Marine Works, first underpass in Oman, first Marine lighthouse, first UAE-Oman Border demarcation.
SCC continues to differentiate itself by perpetually instigating a culture based on its six core values with a significant growth over the next 5 years.
Safety | Superior Performance | Communication | People Focused | Integrity | Sustainability