Job description / Role
Support and care for children by encouraging the development of positive habits; socially, academically and hygienically. The primary teacher assistant must be an active member of the classroom community; participating and supporting the lessons with enthusiasm. The primary teacher assistant will help with the enforcement of classroom rules, organization of students’ personal belongings. The primary teacher assistant, when not needed to work directly with the students, will help with the preparation of materials under the teacher’s direction.
Key Areas of Responsibility
• Encourage students to engage in learning and stay on task during lessons or activities.
• Model positive participation by joining class activities.
• Work with the classroom teacher; manage challenging pupil behaviour and promote positive behaviour.
• Contribute ideas, creativity and enthusiasm to activities and the classroom environment.
• Deliver tailored teaching activities to pupils; one-to-one basis or in small groups.
• Provide detailed and regular feedback to teachers on pupils' progress.
• Transact administrative duties and prepare classroom resources.
• Ensure the safety of students outside of the classroom; hallways and outdoor play areas.
• Assist students in developing positive hygienic habits; proper handwashing.
• Supervise students who have had accidents, need help dressing or are upset.
• Create art displays of pupils' artwork.
• Provide support outside of your normal classes, such as helping during exams, covering TA absences or going on school trips.
• Help with extracurricular activities; breakfast and after-school clubs, homework club, revision sessions or lunchtime duties.
• Support the social and emotional development of pupils, reporting any issues when required.
• Assist in cleaning and encourage children to help clean classroom areas.
• Help maintain discipline in the classroom and corridor.
• Show respect to other professionals.
• Attend and participate in relevant meetings as required.
• Maintain confidentiality at all times.
• Speak to parents in general terms, if a parent has questions do not answer and refer them to the teacher for details.
• Responsible for taking class lunch box to the cafeteria and returned back to class after breaks.
• Assist in after-school late room duties.
• Holds a qualification as a Teacher Assistant
• Fluent in English and Arabic
• Experience working in a school-Nursery
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Passionate about working with children
• High sense of responsibility and care
• Required to complete and pass a training assessment
About the Company
Al Shomoukh International School (SIS) is a new KG to Grade 12 global school in Muscat. Established by Global Education Services (GES) the school opened for the 2015/16 school year in Al Hail.
A new school has been constructed and, combined with an international curriculum and excellent staff, the school intends to become one of the outstanding international schools in Muscat. It will draw students from both the local Omani and expatriate community. Both will be rewarded with an education experience of the highest order.
The school will be a beacon of international educational excellence for local and expatriate male and female students using English as the medium of instruction. Classes will be a maximum of 25 students.