Job description / Role
Roles and responsibilities
• Plan and deliver all technical aspects of the programme and projects, working with relevant parties to assist in the formation of a design strategy, ensuring that this is adhered to coordination and communication with other disciplines including govt. authorities.
• Ensure rigorous application of the Risk and Value process and challenge technical solutions to provide best value,
• Work with the Division Head/ Project managers to agree technical resource required, forecast and manage resource costs throughout the project where utilized, ensure external design works are undertaken by suitably qualified and experienced teams work with relevant parties to monitor and report on the technical team progress on all required deliverables
• Attend Technical and design review meetings, and where required chair design meetings Keep track of all scope changes and ensure that the change control process and technical query process are adhered to and communicated fully on all projects
• Take the lead in driving a culture of continuous improvement within the design and wider community Drive excellence in Health and Safety in design, ensuring a culture of safer by design by eliminating hazards and risks wherever possible, and ensuring the Health and Safety file is completed in a timely manner
• Provide clear and concise information about any remaining risks which the construction teams or end user will need to be aware of
• Ensure pre-construction information and design risk assessments are completed and are compliant with client and consultant requirement
Key measures and targets:
• Adherence to all set deadline and completion of work to agreed standard
• Deliver required services (drawings, specifications, and estimating packs) on time and to cost/quality standards
• Ensure Minimum Asset Standards are adhered to and design criteria of the client applied to the solutions health & safety targets by ensuring the pre-construction information is completed and details residual risks and issues
• Bachelor’s degree in Civil/Mechanical Engineering
• Must have previous experience in large infrastructure projects as a consultant.
• Minimum Experience: 10 years
• Must have experience in large civil infrastructure projects involved Construction of Roads, wet/dry utilities, District cooling/Gas Network ,Substation, Pumping station, Hard/soft Landscaping, Street lighting, Reservoirs, STP.
• Previous experience in a similar role Good team worker but able to exercise own judgment and work independently to make decisions
• Effective communicator with the ability to collaborate and integrate into a wide team
• Experience in managing stakeholders
About the Company
Operating in Oman since 1976, Sarooj Construction Company was re-structured in 2006 and has an established track-record and leading reputation for the provision of Earthworks, Geo-technical, Marine, Infrastructure, Airports, Roads, Buildings, Electrical & Mechanical Works and Site Temporary Facilities to the Oil & Gas and other construction industries in Oman.
Sarooj is part of Al Taher Group (ATG), a name that has been synonymous in the real estate sector, various engineering fields and the oil industry in the Sultanate since the 1970's.
Sarooj has 43 years of experience working in Oman on major Infrastructure projects and oilfield services for leading operating companies such as Petroleum Development Oman (Shell), British Petroleum (BP), OOCEP, Occidental and Total and has been involved in most of the flagship infrastructure projects in Oman such as Musandam Gas Plant, Musandam Independent Power Plant, Nimr Water Treatment Plant, Shinas Port, Al Mouj Resort, Madha Road and Haima Airstrip. Services provided have included the construction of some 1,500 Well Pads, 500,000 m³ of Concrete, 900 Kms between Roads & Bridges, 8,000,000 m³ of rock in Marine Works, first underpass in Oman, first Marine lighthouse, first UAE-Oman Border demarcation.
SCC continues to differentiate itself by perpetually instigating a culture based on its six core values with a significant growth over the next 5 years.
Safety | Superior Performance | Communication | People Focused | Integrity | Sustainability
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
A Leading Engineering and Construction Company in Qatar
Site Engineer (Civil) - 6 Month Contract
Civil Inspector - Roads/Bridges
|Abu Dhabi||12 Mar|