Job description / Role
Main purpose of the position is to contribute technical expertise to the company and its projects, heighten the quality level of technical deliverables across the business and to drive the company capability to plan and execute technical deliverables in a timely manner.
• Standardises all project templates and reports.
• Deliver standardised technical drawing and procedures.
• Has overall responsibility for Draughtsmen and acts as a single point of contact in this area.
• Is responsible for coordinating and managing the tasks and deliverables of Draughtsmen.
• Understands the importance of developing the team and sets annual objectives and goals to enable the team to grow both soft skills and hard skills.
Management & Leadership:
• Ensure that all employees are correctly inducted, understand the organisations goals and work together as one team to achieve these.
• Follow HR policies and procedures to ensure management consistency and enhance employee engagement at all levels.
• Establish and maintain good relations with clients, partners and local authorities aimed at safeguarding and promoting our Company’s interest.
• Keep abreast of industry developments and takes ownership of ensuring the team have the correct knowledge and skills to meet business demands.
• Drives the development of method statements.
• Ensures data accuracy.
• Strives to enhance productivity on all project sites. Undertakes analysis to understand all productivity issues and executes a plan to drive improvements.
• Oversees all technical drawing and design in Head Office.
• Coordinates effectively with both Procurement and Planning Departments to meet agreed deliverables.
• Familiar with project specifications to ensure that the project is supplied with the correct drawings.
• Supports project plans with technical knowledge and experience where required.
• Resolves technical issues with ease and takes ownership to see problems resolved.
• BSc. Engineering, B Tech or BE graduate (Civil)
• 8+ years relevant experience in a technical or design role
• 5+ years of working experience in the Middle East
• Excellent communication and people management skills
• PDO/OXY/BP/Orpic working experience or exposure
• Previous field experience
• Experience of working on large scale construction projects
About the Company
Operating in Oman since 1976, Sarooj Construction Company was re-structured in 2006 and has an established track-record and leading reputation for the provision of Earthworks, Geo-technical, Marine, Infrastructure, Airports, Roads, Buildings, Electrical & Mechanical Works and Site Temporary Facilities to the Oil & Gas and other construction industries in Oman.
Sarooj is part of Al Taher Group (ATG), a name that has been synonymous in the real estate sector, various engineering fields and the oil industry in the Sultanate since the 1970's.
Sarooj has 43 years of experience working in Oman on major Infrastructure projects and oilfield services for leading operating companies such as Petroleum Development Oman (Shell), British Petroleum (BP), OOCEP, Occidental and Total and has been involved in most of the flagship infrastructure projects in Oman such as Musandam Gas Plant, Musandam Independent Power Plant, Nimr Water Treatment Plant, Shinas Port, Al Mouj Resort, Madha Road and Haima Airstrip. Services provided have included the construction of some 1,500 Well Pads, 500,000 m³ of Concrete, 900 Kms between Roads & Bridges, 8,000,000 m³ of rock in Marine Works, first underpass in Oman, first Marine lighthouse, first UAE-Oman Border demarcation.
SCC continues to differentiate itself by perpetually instigating a culture based on its six core values with a significant growth over the next 5 years.
Safety | Superior Performance | Communication | People Focused | Integrity | Sustainability
Project Manager - Civils Construction
Senior Civil Engineer
Qatar Project Management (QPM)
A Leading Engineering and Construction Company in Qatar
Civil Site / Construction Manager
|East Timor||28 Nov|
Senior Construction Manager