Job description / Role
• Responsible for provision of basic ground handling services to all Company and contracted parties as per maintenance requirements.
• Ensure to follow instructions issued by Lead- Charge hand and carry out the work as required.
• Ensure that all manuals and publications are maintained in good order and kept up to date to the last revision.
• Ensure that all tools and equipment used are operated correctly, safely and maintained in good working condition, update tool list as per EPM.
• Responsible for tool control of tool box in his possession report any missing tools as per EPM.
• Record and maintain respective records for all maintenance work carried out.
• Ensure-Perform Aircraft arrival and pre departure checks, walk around and carry out snag rectification as required by the Licensed Engineer attending the aircraft
• Maintain a current permanent record of tools and equipment in accordance with procedure.
• Assist in the training and development of Omani National staff placed under his control.
• Report any unserviceability of equipment or tooling or occurrences, to his Charge hand.
• Ensure adequate pre work preparation is carried out to ensure efficient work process.
• Adhere to the Airport Authorities rules and company procedures and regulations.
• Record all delays and incidence-accidents occurrence on the required forms and submit to the Lead charge hand or his deputy for his action to completion.
• Adhere to the HSE-administration-disciplinary policies of the company.
• Carry out Aircraft maintenance and rectification work as directed by immediately reporting personnels.
• Undertake any other task as instructed by immediate Supervisor.
• Ensure-responsible to keep tool box at allocated place after attending aircraft.
• Responsible to maintain equipments clean by disposing off used items-FODs in the rubbish bins after attending allocated aircraft.
• Two years college Diploma in Aircraft Maintenance engineering
• Or EASA Certificate of Recognition in category B1.1
• Or ICAO Type II LWTR
• For Non Omanis any one of the above with 04 years experience as Technician Aircraft.
About the Company
Oman Air, the flagship company of the Sultanate of Oman's Civil Aviation sector, commenced operations in 1993. Starting off as a regional player, Oman Air, as Oman's national carrier has witnessed rapid growth in the last 14 years. Oman Air has played a major role in making Muscat a major traffic hub in the Middle East providing a fillip to commercial, industrial and tourism activities.
As a full-fledged commercial airline of Oman, Oman Air has striven to maintain high performance standards in all aspects of its operation. The Oman International Services was established in the year 1970 & later Oman Aviation Services was founded on 1981 to extend services to the other airlines in terms of cargo handling, ground handling etc.
The Oman Air fleet consists of most modern and fuel- efficient aircraft with aesthetically designed interiors. Ultra- modern in-flight service equipment is deployed onboard to improve safety and overall performance. Investment in new technology, planning and product innovation has propelled Oman Air to the forefront of the aviation industry.