Job description / Role
Tendering and Engineering Manager - Leading International Contractor - Oman
Due to a recent expansion in the GCC, our Client is looking for an Tendering/Engineering Manager to spearhead and coordinate the activities of the Pre-Construction Department (Estimating, Business Development, Planning and Engineering) and liaise with Clients, Consultants and Construction staff as required in the completion of tenders.
- Oversee all preconstruction activities, commercial and technical tender submissions, Business Development and Marketing activities.
- Liaise with Business Development staff to plan/manage tender opportunities and in line with strategy, resources, and the Business Plan.
- Develop and maintain relationships with clients & consultants to ensure company is included in future work opportunities.
- Attend Contractor selection interviews, including preparation beforehand.
- Thoroughly appraise tender documentation when received to identify risk, opportunity, insufficient information, inadequate or incorrect design.
- Appoint / vet and manage the Design Team.
- Ensuring terms and conditions of the appointment /notation are acceptable, lead designer role is defined, and all services are included.
- Plan/manage the tender period (in conjunction with team members) of every bid, to ensure that:
- Sufficient information is received in time.
- That the BOQ is prepared sufficiently early.
- Design subcontractors have sufficient information to prepare quotations.
- Presentation documentation is in-hand.
- Appraise tenders prepared in the department and present for settlement with Senior Staff
- Discuss and agree commercial aspects of each tender
- Manage the relationship with the client and his team.
- Negotiate with the client and his team in conjunction with other senior staff
- Prepare reports of tendering performance and statistics as required by Senior Management
- Perform other related duties as required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in construction/ HND/ or equivalent
- Well-developed commercial & technical knowledge & skills.
- Analytical, problem solving and information seeking skills.
- Good in relationship and network building
- Negotiation Skills
- Able to work independently and with a team.
- Experience of managing and developing staff
- Well awareness on ISO 9001, ISO 14001, and ISO 45001.
- A track record of exposure to KSA/UAE/Oman construction markets
- Minimum 15 years’ experience in Construction Industry.
- Ideally 3 years’ experience in a similar position.
About the Company
At NSR we pride ourselves on market knowledge, integrity, loyalty and professionalism. Through personal relationships and knowledge of what our clients look for in specific requirements we like to pride ourselves on matching people to the right role.
The partners at NSR have always dealt with people in an open and honest manner and as a company we are driven to find the right opportunity for people enhancing their career where ever this may be worldwide.
We work on the principal that every person we deal with is a potential client, this process has proved beneficial for us as there are many people we have dealt with on the International circuit that have approached NSR Associates to recruit for them as a client after we have worked on their behalf as a candidate.
Buildings Project Manager - Real Estate Developer
Senior Project Manager
Qatar Project Management (QPM)
Senior Civil Project Engineer