Job description / Role
The Traffic Management Specialist arranges the Pre-positioned War Reserve Material (WRM) cargo to various worldwide destinations via air, land and sea. Incumbent must comply with all applicable Interntional and Federal Transportation Laws, Regulations, Tariffs and Department of Defense guidance. Ensures all shipments presented meet International Trade and Arms Regulations (ITAR). Ensures compliance with Performance Work Statement (PWS) and ISO 9001:2015 Quality Management System (QMS).
- Inspects and accepts documentation (DD Form 1149/1348-1) for outbound cargo offered for shipment in the Defense Transportation System (DTS) for completeness, Transportation Account Code, accuracy, Hazardous/Classified, or ITAR certification.
- Processes, verifies Nomenclature, Hazard Class and Quantity, and inspects outbound cargo offered for transportation.
- Properly classifies freight, selects commodity codes, selects most efficient mode of shipment and controls obligations for government transportation funds.
- Inspects Hazardous Materials to ensure proper packaging, marking, labeling, documentation and certification in accordance with applicable Dangerous Goods Regulations (AFMAN24-204, 49 Code of Federal Regulation, International Maritime Dangerous Goods, etc.).
- Selects and initiates contact with local carriers to arrange appropriate transport equipment for containers, classified, sensitive, hazardous or out sized shipments based on the size, weight, commodity description, freight classification, required delivery date, priority or other special requirements.
- Uses automated computer systems and programs to process and document all freight (CMOS, GATES, IBS).
- Prepares all required shipping documents for data input to CMOS/GATES, assigns Transportation Control Numbers, produces labels, issues truck manifest for general/hazardous cargo, Maintains Manifest logs.
- Accurately inputs the Transportation Control Numbers, Transportation Accounting Codes, consignor and consignee codes and other essential transportation data into the Cargo Movement and Operations System (CMOS) and or Global Acquisition and Transportation Execution System (GATES).
- Prepares Amentum International Truck Shipping Documents for Line Haul Intertheather/Intratheather between sites, container movements from Sea Port of Embarkation to Sea Port of Debarkation, and local movements.
- Processes Export Traffic Release Requests (ETRR) for sealift shipments using Surface Deployment Distribution Command (SDDC) Integrated Booking System (IBS).
- Provides In-transit Visibility through the Global Transportation Network (GTN) and Radio Frequency Identification (RFID) servers, and Amentum's Transportation Management System (TMS).
- Performs Port Handling and Inland Transportation (PHIT) duties as designated Work Monitor for Inbound and Outbound Line Haul Sub Contractor trucks. Inspects and documents each shipment for contract compliance on a Customer Service Survey form.
- Performs Host Country customs clearances and liaises with Military and Host country Ministries on Import and Export for Border Customs Clearances, Airport Customs Clearances, and Seaport Clearances.
- Inspects, accepts and inventories Inbound Air Cargo, Line Haul Trucks and Containers.
- Inventories and inspects all incoming freight for damage prior to acceptance. Initiates and completes SF361, Transportation Discrepancy Report (DISREP) as required.
- Prepares and handles cargo in accordance with all prescribed regulations, instructions, technical orders and procedures.
- Performs weighing of cargo, vehicles and outsized cargo to determine center of balance for rolling stock and ensures cargo dimensions within pallet and aircraft limitations.
- Maintains operational stock levels of all 463L assets.
- Loads/unloads all 463L pallets, 40 foot and 20 foot sea van commercial/military containers and 40 foot Flat bed/Low bed trucks.
- Inventories, documents and loads/unloads outbound/inbound freight as required. Assists in loading/unloading Military vessels at seaport.
- Processes passengers for air transportation, handle baggage, load/offload aircraft. Completes security checks of passengers and baggage.
- Operates MHE, wide body loaders and cranes.
- Safely transports and handles explosives.
- Prioritizes and schedules work assignments of subordinate personnel.
- Implements, documents and controls quality, training, environment and safety programs.
- Maintains Technical Orders, publications, forms and files required for Traffic Management operations.
- Compiles data and submits reports and other correspondence as required.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Works in normal office and maintenance shop or warehouse environment and may be required to work outdoors for extended periods.
- Must be proficient in the use of personal computers and Windows Operating System and Microsoft Office to include as a minimum Power Point, Excel and Word programs.
- Will be required to operate material handling equipment.
- Must possess a valid home country driver's license and ability to obtain host nation driver's license.
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- Minimum of three years experience in Traffic Management (TMO)/Air Freight operations or Associate Degree in a related field of study required.
- Work experience in freight acceptance, preparation, processing, inspection, documentation and handling procedures is required.
- Must be able to successfully complete training to prepare, certify and/or inspect Hazardous Materials for Air Transportation IAW AFJMAN 24-204 upon selection.
- Experienced in palletizing cargo on single, multiple/married 463L pallets using side and top nets, straps, chains and devices for restraint. Experienced in aircraft cargo loading/unloading and cargo tie-down restraint procedures required.
- Must be eligible to obtain and maintain a US Secret Security Clearance.
- Will be required to wear proper Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) according to prescribed procedures and as required for task being performed.
- Physically capable of performing all required duties; capable of lifting/pushing/pulling minimum of 50 lbs.
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally.
Amentum is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran's status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.
EEO is the Law Poster
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
About the Company
Amentum is a premier global technical and engineering services partner supporting critical programs of national significance across defense, security, intelligence, energy, and environment. We draw from a century-old heritage of operational excellence, mission focus, and successful execution underpinned by a strong culture of safety and ethics.