Job description / Role
• Designing, promoting, administering, implementing and maintaining a master plan, the policies and development control regulations and guidelines affecting land use, zoning, public utilities, housing and transportation.
• Coordinating and supervising consultants, contractors and stakeholders on various projects, whilst ensuring compatibility with the approved master plan and its guidelines.
• Propose Urban Development plans and supervise their implementation.
• Review and approval of master plans, site plans, etc. for the proposed projects.
• Work with a multi-disciplinary team of planners, architects and engineers to provide on a wide variety of planning efforts including comprehensive planning, multi-modal facility planning, public utility planning, urban design, etc.
• Recognized Degree in Urban Planning/Design (if degree in architecture must also have planning/design components) (in all cases Master’s degree preferable), candidate must also be member of renown planning or architecture institute or association (e.g. RTPI/RIBA, APA/AIA, CIP/RAI, PIA/AIA, NZPI/NZIA, etc.)
• At least 7 years of experience and extensive knowledge in the field of Urban Planning, specifically in designing, promoting, administering, implementing and maintaining a master plan, policies and guidelines.
• Proficiency with all related computer software
• Willing to relocate in Oman.
• Fluency in English. Mandarin language proficiency is preferred.
About the Company
Globnet is a respected privately owned management consultancy that has been operating in Oman for several years and has built a strong network of contacts in the country at various levels in the public services sector.