Job description / Role
• To assist in the operation of a IT lab; to provide ongoing assistance to students, Staff and teachers.
• To perform a variety of tasks relative to assigned area of responsibility.
• Monitor activities and behavior of students during computer laboratories to ensure the physical and environmental safekeeping of students, as well as adherence to appropriate conduct and disciplinary controls.
• Maintain laboratory hardware, software, and text materials and ensures proper security; coordinates schedules of students in conjunction with teachers and staff.
• Assist students and teachers in the use of computers and software.
• Prepare teaching materials and learning activities as directed.
• Maintain an inventory of IT equipment and supplies.
• Maintain a log of hardware and software problems; follow up on reported problems as necessary.
• Prepare and generate reports as requested by administration.
• Perform all related duties and responsibilities as assigned.
• Working days: 5 days a week (Saturday to Wednesday)
• Working hours: 8 hours/per day
• Contact hours: 18 to 21 contact hours/week
• Medical insurance for staff
• Workmanship Compensation Insurance
• Bachelor Degree in Computer Science / IT
• Experience of 3 years in Web Developing (Full Time)
• A certification in web development is a plus.
• Read, interpret and follow rules, regulations, policies and procedures
• Maintain an attractive and functional lab
About the Company
Globnet is a respected privately owned management consultancy that has been operating in Oman for several years and has built a strong network of contacts in the country at various levels in the public services sector.