Our Advanced Diploma in Gardening is designed to provide the skills, knowledge and information of gardening. This will equip you with the appropriate skills which will improve your employability in any area of gardening. It explains how to plant, when to plant, best harvest practices, how to save seeds, and how to deal with common pests and diseases naturally, setting you on your way to growing organic vegetables and fruits in your garden successfully.
Who should take this course
This course would be ideal for amateur and a professional gardener.
Module 01: Gardening Basics
- Organic Gardening Basics
- Having a Plan
- Having the Right Tools
- Making your Own Mulch
- Natural Pest Control
- Organic Fertilizer
- What to Avoid
- Benefits of Organic Gardening
Module 02: Organic Gardening
- Why Garden Organically?
- Planning Your Organic Vegetable Garden
- Growing Your Organic Vegetable Garden
- Why Grow an Organic Herb Garden?
- Growing an Organic Herb Garden
- You Have Organically Grown Herbs, Now What?
- Organic Garden Fertilizers
- Organic Gardening Compost
- Why Use Organic Pest Control?
- How to Control Garden Pests Organically
- How to Bring Your Organic Plants Indoors; for Easy Year Round Growth
- Organic Container Gardening
- Organic Hydroponic Gardening
Module 03: Vegetable Gardening
- WHY SHOULD YOU CHOOSE GARDENING?
- REQUISITES OF THE HOME VEGETABLE GARDEN
- THE PLANTATION PLAN
- VEGETABLE GARDEN RECORD
- IMPLEMENTS AND THEIR USES
- MANURES, FERTILIZERS AND MULCHING
- THE SOIL AND ITS PREPARATION
- STARTING WITH THE PLANTS
- SOWING AND PLANTING
- THE CULTIVATION OF VEGETABLES
- THE VEGETABLES AND THEIR SPECIAL NEEDS
- BEST VARIETIES OF THE GARDEN VEGETABLES
- INSECTS AND DISEASES AND THE METHODS OF FIGHTING THEM
- HARVESTING AND STORING
- THE VARIETIES OF POME AND STONE FRUITS
- PLANTING: CULTIVATION: FILLER CROPS
- PRUNING, SPRAYING, HARVESTING
- BERRIES AND SMALL FRUITS
- A CALENDAR OF OPERATIONS
- At the end of the course, you will be required to sit an online multiple-choice test. Your test will be assessed automatically and immediately so that you will instantly know whether you have been successful.
- Before sitting for your final exam you will have the opportunity to test your proficiency with a mock exam.
- After you have successfully passed the test, you will be able to obtain an Accredited Certificate of Achievement. You can however also obtain a Course Completion Certificate following the course completion without sitting for the test. Certificates can be obtained either in hardcopy at a cost of GBP39 or in PDF format at a cost of GBP24.
- PDF certificate's turnaround time is 24 hours and for the hardcopy certificate, it is 3-9 working days.
Why choose us?
- Affordable, engaging & high-quality e-learning study materials;
- Tutorial videos/materials from the industry leading experts;
- Study in a user-friendly, advanced online learning platform;
- Efficient exam systems for the assessment and instant result;
- The UK & internationally recognised accredited qualification;
- Access to course content on mobile, tablet or desktop from anywhere anytime;
- The benefit of applying for NUS Extra Discount Card;
- 24/7 student support via email.
About Course Provider
We are a company who is best known for offering awarding body accredited online courses that are available for anyone who wishes to acquire a certification and take their professional life to the next level.
As an online learning site, we are aware of the fact that there are a lot of people out there who considers themselves to be a curious learner but the courses that they are interested in are not available in the area. So, we have decided to give them a chance to learn in a convenient way – in their own convenient place and time.