Electrical Safety in the Workplace
Electrical accidents can result in serious injury, disability and death. Although workers in some industries are at especially high risk of injury, these accidents can occur in almost any workplace. Therefore, it is important that employers and workers alike understand the risks they encounter when working with electricity and how to work in a safe, efficient manner. In this course, you will learn how to identify potential sources of electrocution and uphold electrical safety in the workplace. You will learn about the key legislation put in place to ensure electrical safety at work and its practical implications in day-to-day scenarios.
You Will Learn:
- The effects of electric shock on the body and why electrical accidents can be fatal
- The most common causes of electrical accidents in the workplace
- The scope of The Electricity at Work Regulations 19 hours89 hours hourshoursand how they complement other legislation
- How risk assessments reduce the chance of electrical injury, and other practical steps an employer can take to promote electrical safety at work
- How to select the right tools and equipment when carrying out work with electricity and how to ensure that anyone working with electricity is appropriately qualified to do so.
Who should take this course
Anyone can take up this course upon interest in anytime you want, anywhere you want, all you need is a smart phone/tablet/computer connected to the internet.
Upon completion, you will have a test with multiple choice questions and there is no limit on the number of attempts.
Benefits of Taking This Course:
- If you are an employer, this course will help you meet your obligations under health and safety law with regards to electrical safety
- If you are responsible for conducting risk assessments at work, this course will help you identify and understand potential electrical hazards
- If you are an employee, this course will help you understand and avoid common electrical hazards
- If you have an interest in occupational health, this course will provide a useful introduction to one of the most lethal hazards present in the workplace
Course Duration - 1 hour and 15 minutes
About Course Provider
Courses Distance Learning is a provider of career essential courses. Simple understandable media content, concept oriented learning which helps develop career opportunities in the corporate World.
The learning experience has been designed from the ground up keeping your success in mind.
You can study at your own pace and from the comfort of your own home.
How to enroll?
You can book the course instantly by paying on GulfTalent.