Begin your career as a registered massage therapist or gain accreditation for your existing skills with this online distance learning course. Through video tutorials, practical exercises, mock exams and electronic assessments, you will be introduced to the most common forms of massage and aromatherapy, along with other health and beauty skills as well as marketing and business capabilities should you wish to become a self-employed massage therapist.
Help people relax, unwind, and let go of stretch by becoming a professional massage therapist. This online course covers all form of massage and the skills you need to perform them, including trigger point therapy, sports massage, Thai massage, and more. You will also learn about the science and biology of massage, as well as key business skills. Further practical training is required to qualify for a massage therapist license, but this CPD-certified and IAO-accredited course introduces the core competencies that will set you on that path.
Benefits of studying with Victoria Education include
- Easy-to-understand course materials designed by industry experts, accessible through your smartphone, laptop, desktop or tablet device
- No hidden fees or costs - study a professional course and earn a professional e-certificate upon successful completion
- Get instant feedback from automated assessments and mock exams to gauge your progress
- No formal deadlines or teaching schedule, meaning you can learn at your own pace
- 24/7 help and support from your online tutors, through email and via our live online chat
- Qualify for an NUS Extra card and gain access to over 200 fantastic deals from high street brands and one free year of ISIC unlocking over 42,000 international discounts
Who should take this course
Who is this course for?
The course is aimed at anyone wishing to start working in such roles, or existing professionals wishing to boost their skills and employability.
Our courses are open to learners of all levels with no formal experience or qualifications required to enrol. However, learners should be aged 16 or over and have a good understanding of English language, numeracy and IT.
How is this qualification delivered?
Our courses are taught entirely online, meaning you can access the materials wherever, whenever, at a pace that suits you, without formal deadlines or teaching schedules.
The courses are delivered through
- Video lessons
- PDF handouts
- Mock exams
- Online assessment
These can be accessed through any device with an internet connection. Our e-learning platform is optimised for use on mobile, tablet, laptops and desktop computers.
- Massage Therapist
- Massage Therapy Essentials
- A background to Massage
- What does a Massage Therapist do?
- The inner workings of a human body in a massage setting
- Advantages of Massage
- Indian Head Massage
- Facial Massage
- Neck Massage
- Back Massage
- Full Body Massage
- Swedish Massage
- Sports Massage
- LomiLomi Massage
- Anti-Cellulite Massage
- Hot Stone Massage
- Thai Foot Massage
- Prenatal Massage
- Medical Massage
- Baby Massage
- Trigger Point Therapy
- Thai Massage
- Do you want to start a business in this industry?
- Advertising your services
- Free, promotional massages
- Building a list of clients
- Various techniques of marketing
The course consists of 28 mandatory units, covering
- Lomilomi, Swedish, Thai and Indian head massage
- Facial, neck, and full body massage
- Tissues, organs, and neuromuscular systems
- Prenatal, medical and baby massage
- Marketing your business and attracting clients
- And more...
The assessment at the end of each course is a multiple-choice exam taken through our online platform. The system is fully automated so you will receive your results instantly upon completion.
Upon successful completion you will qualify for the UK and internationally-recognised professional qualification. You can order a print copy sent by post for GBP12.
About Course Provider
Victoria Education is a leading provider of online training, practical courses and professional accreditation.
Our mission is to make learning accessible, affordable, and available to all, regardless of experience or qualifications.