Can be taken anytime
Professional Training Course
Gain a full understanding of the SQL Server environment and be able to implement that knowledge into a business context, aiding you in your search for employment opportunities.
Who should take this course
This course is perfect for administrators, system engineers and developers who are looking to earn an industry-recognised qualification. It is also suitable for any IT professional who is looking to upgrade their skillset with an understanding of key server management fundamentals.
There are no pre-requisites for this course.
This course package covers everything from the core fundamentals of querying tables through to building an enterprise-class data warehouse.
As with all of our technical IT packages, we provide 12 months unlimited access to our dedicated Live Labs. This live equipment allows students to input their knowledge and put it to the test by recreating course scenarios and roaming around the live environment without putting their system at risk. It’s a very cost-effective and risk-free way to ensure an understanding of the key Microsoft concepts.
This course is made up of three modules:
Microsoft 70-461: Querying SQL Server 2012
- The Transact-SQL (T-SQL) language and how to build efficient queries, stored procedures and views that return key information quickly.
- How to combine datasets, rank results and extend tables programmatically.
- Optimise T-SQL statements for the most efficient operation.
- Extend reporting and data transfer capabilities using XML.
Microsoft 70-462: Administering SQL Server 2012 Databases
- Appreciate the correct way to install and use add-on components, instances and services.
- Build systems for high availability environments using AlwaysOn, mirroring and replication to keep data online at all times.
- How to protect information from loss using database backup, restore and disaster recovery (DR) techniques.
- Securing database contents by configuring permissions, alerts, logins, roles and more.
- Practical troubleshooting, maintenance and optimisation techniques
Microsoft 70-463: Implementing a Data Warehouse with SQL Server 2012
- Advanced data management concepts like data cleansing techniques and Extract Transform Load (ETL) package development and scheduling will keep information accurate, improve data management, transfer and synchronisation for enterprise-class system design.
- How to automate and simplify database management by using SSIS to manage package execution, task execution and scripts.
- How best to maintain server health by using auditing, logging and event handling to assess and troubleshoot potential problems.
About Course Provider
e-Careers comprises of passionate and talented educationalists who support over 325,000 students all over the world.
The institution consists of around 200 individuals, who all specialise in their own aspects of combining education with technology.
e-Careers has established relationships with many awarding bodies, instructors and educational institutions to bring its students training and qualifications in an E-Learning format.
e-Careers is a true \\"EdTech\\" institution.
e-Careers believes that technology and certain types of education must go hand in hand to ensure future human evolution.
e-Careers is an industry leader in the use of technology to DELIVER training and qualifications as well as contributing to the industry in ground breaking methods of E-Learning content DEVELOPMENT.
The ability to master both DELIVERY and DEVELOPMENT makes e-Careers a true EdTech institution.