This Social Housing Management will equip you with valuable skills and knowledge to assist and support families in need. Get a head start on a successful career in the housing sector of community services, and specialise in a crucial arm of social development providing much-needed care for people with diverse backgrounds. The course explains the history of the sector, managing tenants and tenancies, and some possible challenges facing the sector. You'll learn how to maintain housing and residence associated services on the side of housing associations, private sector organisations, local authorities, or charities. You'll also understand the importance of different types of housing supports and rental assistance for ultimate development.
By the end of the course you will be able to successfully develop a social housing programme or project proposal which fulfils social housing goals.
Who should take this course
Social Housing Management is suitable for anyone who wants to gain extensive knowledge, potential experience, and professional skills in the related field. This course is CPD accredited so you don't have to worry about the quality.
Module 1: Introduction to Social Housing:
- What is Social Housing
- Why We Need More Social Housing
- Social Housing Providers
Module 2: The Origins and Changes of Social Housing:
- The Origins of Social Housing, the Purpose and Aims of Social Landlords
- Changes and the Impact on Functions of Social Housing
Module 3: Supply and Demand:
- What has Supply and Demand Got to do With Housing?
- What is Affordable Housing?
- Demand and Need
- Acute Housing Need
- The Management of Housing Need
- Supply Issues
- Areas of Oversupply
Module 4: Housing Management:
- Managing Social Housing
- Forms of Social Housing Tenancy
- Managing the Patch
- Special Needs Housing Management
- Special Consideration Groups
- Unfavourable Medical or Related Condition
- Street Sleepers
- Other Victims of Societal Prejudice
- The Management of Temporary Accommodation
- Repairs and Maintenance
- Organisational Management Issues
Module 5: Housing Finance:
- Understanding Housing Finance
- Housing Balances
- Capital Operations in the Social Housing Sector
- Housing Association Capital Finance
- Revenue Operations in the Social Housing Sector
- Scope for HRA Subsidy Reform
Module 6: Housing Development:
- Introduction to Housing Development
- The Strategic Planning Process
- Planning Policy Implications
- The Importance of Sustainability
- The Importance of Planning
- The Development Process
About Course Provider
What’s the most important thing we could possibly have on our mind? The answer to that is easy: your learning needs. Years ago, we thought about what and how people wish to learn. Since then, we have worked tirelessly to create a platform on which we offer a range of detailed, excellent quality, and competitively priced online courses available to all people irrespective of their geographical location, skills and experience, and learning level and ability. Coursegate is now synonymous with all of this.
How to enroll?
You can book the course instantly by paying on GulfTalent.