About this Course:
No matter if we are creating new software or building legacy applications, understanding how to leverage GNU's classic tool-set to manage content creation activities is a highly sought-after skill set.
The de-facto standard in building everything from operating systems to millions of Open-Source Projects, these lessons begin by reviewing how to both create, as well as to use 'Makefiles.' Demonstrating how to compile, link & test a basic C++ program, the training will also cover the most common set of g++ / c++ operations. Students will create a C++ application, related Makefile, as well as library. GNU's basic compiler, linker, and program-creation process, artifacts, and naming conventions will be reviewed.
Because GNU's debugger is important to understand, the operation of both gdb, as well as the graphical xxgdb tools will be explored. Demonstrating how to both include, as well as remove, source code & symbols from your application is also presented.
Finally, students will also learn what 'name mangling' is, as well as how to use GNU's tool-set to decipher "decorated" classes and function names.
- Students must be able to start & exit a "command line" or "console" user interface
- Students should be able to run GNU's make from a 'bash' shell, or from Cygwin
- GNU's C++ Tool Set must also be installed
Who should take this course
Who is the target audience?
Any one who desires to learn it.
Course Completion Certificate
What you will learn:
- Understand how to use GNU make to manage common software development activities
- Learn the "critical path" options most frequently required to build C++ applications
- Use GNU's dbg andxxgdb tools to perform stack-based debugging
- Create libraries designed to be shared between multiple C++ applications
- Understand the difference between static & dynamic library types
- Discover how GNU's make uses rules, dependencies, recipes, and macros to create software
- Learn how to include, inspect, and remove source code from your debugging sessions
About Course Provider
Simpliv LLC, a platform for learning and teaching online courses. We basically focus on online learning which helps to learn business concepts, software technology to develop personal and professional goals through video library by recognized industry experts or trainers.
With the ever-evolving industry trends, there is a constant need of the professionally designed learning solutions that deliver key innovations on time and on a budget to achieve long-term success.
Simpliv understands the changing needs and allows the global learners to evaluate their technical abilities by aligning the learnings to key business objectives in order to fill the skills gaps that exist in the various business areas including IT, Marketing, Business Development, and much more.
How to enroll?
You can book the course instantly by paying on GulfTalent.