Job description / Role
Are You Ready to Make It Happen at Mondelez International?
Join our Mission to Lead the Future of Snacking. Make It Uniquely Yours.
Under close supervision, you will classify, examine, and analyze accounting records, prepare financial reports and statements and perform special projects as assigned. You will also support other accounting and external reporting activities.
How you will contribute
- Support accounting and external reporting activities including accurate and timely U.S. GAAP reporting and timeliness and integrity of statutory financial reporting, balance sheet reconciliations, KPIs, fixed assets, restructuring and intercompany charges.
- As required, you will also support activities performed by Mondelez International Business Services/third-party service providers during month/quarter/year-end close, statistical reporting and statutory audit
- Contribute to a strong controls and compliance environment and comply with Mondelez International's AER policies.
- You will also support audit activities and provide information at an auditor's request
- Perform special projects and analyses as requested
- Embrace a mindset of continuous improvement. You will also identify opportunities to improve ways of working in your area of responsibility
- Contribute to a high-performing Accounting and External Reporting (AER) team and invest in your personal development
What you will bring:
A desire to drive your future and accelerate your career. You will bring experience and knowledge in:
- TECHNICAL EXPERTISE in accounting and external reporting including understanding U.S. GAAP, IFRS or local GAAP, close processes and financial reporting systems (SAP experience preferred). Knowledge in policy, controls and compliance design including SOX reporting
- BUSINESS ACUMEN and experience working in FMCG/CPG Industry or Big Four accounting preferred
- LEADERSHIP SKILLS including strong communication skills. Team player with a drive to deliver results
- GROWTH/DIGITAL MINDSET and the ability to leverage technology to improve efficiency and effectiveness. Proficiency in Microsoft Office tools and financial system knowledge
- INTEGRITY and sound judgement in all decisions and interactions aligned with our values, policies and external regulations
More about this role:
You will be expected to:
- Extend full support to the finance team and liaise with internal and external stakeholders to help ensure smooth and error free month end close, annual financial close, US GAAP reporting, Statutory accounting, preparation of financial statements and other day to day tasks of the finance function
- Manage the Provident Funds - liaison with HR for preparation of PF Financial statements and audit.
- Ensure Timely filing of Provident Fund Tax returns to ensure continuity of Active taxpayer status in the best interests of PF members
- Recommend Provident Fund investments and timings; prepare action plans for investment using financial analysis.
- Perform consolidation tasks for various local and regional reports
- Handle the routine operation of managing the cost centers. Defining material configuration in the system and managing hierarchy.
- Claims processing of overheads expenses - compile the monthly expenses of sales team ensuring compliance with policy
- Assist the Finance Manager in managing the quarterly royalty audits done by effective liaison with auditors and internal stakeholders
- Facilitate Income Tax and Sales tax audits by collating requested information which is under the custody and responsibility of finance
- Prepare audit schedules for the purposes of statutory audit
- Facilitate internal audits by collating and providing the information requests assigned to Finance
- Assist the Finance Manager in managing corporate secretarial compliance. This would include among others timely submission of Form 29, Form A and maintaining records as required under the law
- Assist the Finance Manager in maintaining a tracker for monthly balance sheet reconciliations clearly identifying required and pending reconciliations and reviews
- Assist the Finance Manager in keeping track of month end close activities by monitoring the closing schedule and actively reconciling it with performed activities
- Obtain and consolidate inputs from area leads for submission of monthly 'One-off' and quarterly 'Out of period' expense reports to regional finance.
- Calculate and record monthly stamp duty provisions based on data obtained from procurement and ensuring timely payments as per statutory timelines
- Assist the Finance Manager in monthly overheads review by preparing detailed overheads variation report using cost center dump extracted from SAP
- Prepare monthly provincial sales tax withholding statements using General ledger dumps extracted from SAP, Liaise with external council for timely filing and make timely payments to ensure compliance with provincial sales tax laws
- Assist the Finance Manager in preparing trend analysis to forecast working capital changes, tax cash flows monthly budget comparisons
- Communicate and liaise with direct management, Finance personnel and other analysts in meeting task assigned by the Finance Manager
- Take all necessary steps to maintain confidentiality of financial information, investment decisions, or any other tasks assigned by the Finance Manager
What extra ingredients you will bring:
- 1-2 years of experience in assurance at a reputable Firm or in Financial Reporting at a reputable Company
- Proficiency in English (Required)
Education / Certifications:
- Graduate / Masters Degree (Finance)
- ACCA/ CA Finalist
Job specific requirements:
- Business acumen
- Team Player
- Planning, priority setting, critical thinking, problem solving and monitoring skills and ability in fast-paced environment
- Good communication skills - both written and verbal
- Advanced experience in using PC - particularly Excel / PowerPoint. SAP experience would be preferred
- Good interpersonal skills, detail oriented, self-motivated and organized
- Good research, quantitative, and analytical skills
Relocation Support Available?
No Relocation support available, however for candidates voluntarily moving internationally some minimal support is offered through our Volunteer International Transfer Policy
Business Unit Summary
Mondelez International in the Middle East, Africa and Pakistan serves 70 markets from our operations in 16 countries. We have more than 4,000 employees across this dynamic region producing high-quality products at 11 manufacturing sites. We are market leaders in key snacking categories, making and selling global and local brands like Oreo and Tom Tom biscuits, Cadbury Dairy Milk and Lunch Bar chocolate, Tang and Cadbury Bournvita powdered beverages, Clorets, Trident and Chappies gum, and Halls candy. We set the benchmark in being a responsible business and contributing to the communities in which we operate.
Mondelez International is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation or preference, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
About the Company
Mondelez International, Inc. (NASDAQ: MDLZ) is one of the world's largest snacks companies, with 2015 net revenues of approximately $30 billion.
Our dream is to create delicious moments of joy in everything we do. Nearly 100,000 employees support this dream by manufacturing and marketing delicious food and beverage products for consumers in approximately 165 countries around the world.
We are the world's pre-eminent maker of snacks, with leading market shares in every category in which we compete. Mondelez International holds the No. 1 position globally in Biscuits, Chocolate and Candy as well as the No. 2 position in Gum. (source: Euromonitor)
About 85 percent of our annual revenue is generated in fast-growing snacks categories, and nearly 75 percent of our sales come from outside of North America.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
A Government Entity in the Emirate of Ras Al Khaimah
|Ras Al Khaimah||13 Dec|