Job description / Role
This position is responsible for all aspects of Physical Education and Sports at the Leading the team of sports coordinators to develop sporting excellence with the objective of successful operations of various sporting facilities within the limitations of Company Policies and education processes and guidelines.
The Assistant Director - Physical Education & Sports is expected to:
• Be responsible for Strategic Business Planning and innovation to identify and implement the future direction of sport within BSS.
• Design, organise and implement the BSS sports programme and activities calendar and introduce new activities as appropriate.
• Prepare and present the quarterly and yearly Sports Activity Calendar & budget plan reports to the management; modify PE and Sports programme where necessary.
• Develop, implement, and amend (where required) curriculum for Classes I-V and outline for other classes.
• Devise the BSS Sports policy, processes and procedures and ensure their effective implementation across the institute.
• Promote sports without gender discrimination.
• Manage the administration of sports across BSS and ensure that relevant policies and code of practices are kept up to date and adhered to.
• Ensure that staff members in sports department are efficiently deployed and ensure team selection for sporting activities is according to the school/region’s policy.
• Supervise authentic execution of anthropometry and fitness testing and keep fitness testing software operational; incorporate any necessary modifications/additions with the help of the IT Department
• Develop, promote and facilitate training and coaching opportunities with Sport Federations.
• Be responsible for all health and safety requirements for sports activities in consultation with School Heads and PE and Sports Co-ordinators.
• Supervise Regional Sports Coordinators and PE Staff Members with proper trainings and direction, focusing on their developmental plans and supporting them in their current roles.
• Develop and establish training programmes to meet the needs of coaches and staff/students/ parents/community.
• Bring national and international events and proactively lead and manage these.
• Foster and maintain partnerships with local and national sports federations to provide students access to coaching and professional training opportunities and mainstreaming BSS students in sporting events.
• Leverage PR opportunities and represent the institute at relevant external conferences and sporting events.
• Improve the performance of regions during Intra- and Inter-Regional events and invitational tournaments.
• Develop sustainable linkages and partnerships with Sports Federations/Associations to develop sports programmes for BSS.
• Master’s degree in Sports Science (international qualification) and/or an M. Phil in Physical
• Minimum 10 to 12 years of relevant professional experience with at least 3 to 5 years of experience as Head of Physical Education and Sport and/or in similar role
• Strong communication skills and excellent interpersonal skills
• Strong organisational, leadership and management skills
• Outgoing and inspiring personality with the ability to motivate
• Should exhibit a personal lifestyle that promotes physical fitness and health
• Understanding of Physical Education and Sports planning and development
• Ability to be a strong team leader as well as team player
• Ability to foster a cooperative work environment
• Excellent decision-making and problem-solving skills
• Gross monthly salary will be commensurate with the candidate’s experience and profile
(local taxes will apply)
• House rent (with basic furnishing) PKR 100,000 per month (an excellent rent in Pakistan)
• Company-provided 24-hour security guard at home (building security will be communal in an apartment building)
• Utility allowance PKR 20,000/- per month (including running cost of generator)
• Mobile phone allowance PKR 4,000/- per month
• Company maintained & insured car (1800cc) with 200 litres of petrol per month
• Company provided driver
• Medical insurance (local health insurer; hospitalisation only)
• Economy class airfare at the time of joining (one way) and conclusion of the contract (one way) for employee and immediate family
• 1 return economy class airfare at the end of each contract year for employee and immediate family
About the Company
At Alderwood, we pride ourselves on best practice recruitment, tailored for the Work Based Learning, Welfare to Work and Education sectors. Our core values and attributes are important to use and underline our proven ability to deliver results