Job description / Role
Do you want to help build a world-class institution from the region, experience the thrill of being part of a high-growth technology company, and improve people's lives?
There is only one way to build an awesome institution: to attract exceptionally talented people who are aligned with the mission of the organization and make them partners in success. At Careem, our mission is to simplify & improve the lives of people, initially through solutions that make transportation in the region reliable, and over time, through disruptions in payments and logistics. In the process, we want to build an organization that inspires and become a world-class institution from the region.
Founded in 2012 by former entrepreneurs and McKinsey alums, Careem is the MENA region's leading ride-hailing service and newest Tech Unicorn. With 30% monthly growth, we now operate in 52+ cities across 11 countries and host over 6million users. With our recent Series D funding success, we are positioned on the cusp of significant scale and well on target to deliver our goal of creating one million jobs in the region by 2018.
The purpose of the Pakistan Safety & Security Manager role is to develop and manage best-in-class safety & security systems in order to keep our Users, Captains, Careem team members, Company's assets & reputation safe and secure across the region.
This role will work closely with Country Manager Safety and Security Pakistan and General Manager Operations of the Region as well as central operations & supply teams.
Key responsibilities include:
- Identify risk issues to develop and implement a safety & security strategy to keep fleet operations at an optimum efficiency, while achieving expected growth levels and building a strong culture of safety & security into operations
- Act as a primary point of contact for safety & security issues
- Assist/Recommend any inclusions/deletions to Country Manager Safety and Security in implementation of overall "Safety and Security" policies and procedures issued from time to time
- Responsible for safety and protection of all the employees and properties of Careem, including parameter security, fire hazards mitigation, fire extinguishers maintenance, clean desk policy, information security in relation to physical security
- Understand "Access Control Policy" and its implementation
- Implementation of "Clean Desk Policy"
- Responsible for making "Site Specific Emergency Evacuation Plan" with approval of Country Manager Safety and Security Pakistan
- Assist/head background verification process of Vendors/Captains or Careem employees in respective regions
- Head conflict resolution i.e. vendor(s)/captain(s) and incident report management in their regions
- Be Warden for any Safety/Security Incident, (Fire, Bomb Threat or Mob Gathering)
- Interact with "Third Party Security Vendors" and handle their monthly invoicing
- Travel in their respective regions on short notices
- Well networked with local/regional law enforcing agencies
- Training of all Employees in Emergency Evacuation and Fire Safety procedures as per Disaster Management Plan
The ideal candidate will have a passionate commitment to improving the lives of people, an insane focus on excellence and customer service, and a strong alignment with our core values: being bold, focused, agile and collaborative.
Additional qualifications include:
- Ideal candidate will have 4+ years of experience in a safety & security role gained within a transportation/oil & gas/consumer goods or other relevant industries
- Candidates with a combination of work experience across Police/Armed Forces and the private sector would be given preference.
- Hands-on experience of security management systems, incident response (processes & tools), investigations, office security systems, travel risk programs and creating safety & security protocols and procedures
- Educated to undergraduate degree level with a preference for functional academic qualifications and/or transportation, safety qualifications
- Should have excellent contacts in the security industry, especially with law enforcement authorities
Careem is a super fast-paced multi-cultural environment and the ideal candidate should have demonstrable skills and the personality to drive rapid impact. Other desired skills include:
- Problem solving
- Proven organizational & project management experience with superior attention to detail
- Working to tight deadlines
- Familiar with processes pertaining to background checks
- Understanding of vehicle tracking systems and phone tracking (GPS, IMEI)
- Strong communication & presentation skills to engage and influence stakeholders and leadership
- Willingness to respond to out-of-hours issues, if required
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Excel and Word is necessary. Experience in PowerPoint is advantageous
- Written and verbal fluency in English and Urdu is required
We offer an attractive total compensation package, with emphasis on equity compensation, excellent health benefits and monthly Careem credits. You will have a unique opportunity to join a fast-growing company on the ground floor and shape its direction.
About the Company
We are a brand that aims to simplify people's lives by revolutionizing the transportation industry. A brand that strives to inspire everyone it interacts with, and supports every single person who dares to believe. #BeCareem
Careem is the MENA region's leading ride-hailing service and newest Tech Unicorn. With 30% monthly growth, we now operate in 50+ cities across 11 countries and host over 6 million users. With our recent Series D funding success, we are positioned on the cusp of significant scale and well on target to deliver our goal of creating one million jobs in the region by 2018.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Health and Safety Manager